AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this. Cancel that, I know what it is supposed to be. I have found lots of receivers that say they have it but no comments from people who have those receivers. Does this feature make a big difference in HT system? Can I live without now that it is available? Anyone using the feature?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I use it frequently. The majority of movies on video are transferred without compensating for home playback differences and are simply too bright.

There is a trend towards changing that, but that change is coming slowly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If like me you have kept your Laserdiscs, then I can say it is a must have for some movies, especially the Star Wars discs. Just listen to the brass section in the beginning or the end of the movies, it simply screams for Re-eq.

I haven't yet found a DVD where the need is this extreme. Anybody?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know that Denon, Onkyo and Integra and others have this feature on THX and non-THX receivers. I also have noticed that Yamaha's do not. Does the Yamaha's offer some kind of equivelent?

Thanks,

Allan

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I went with the Onkyo TX-DS595 so as to have this feature and the Pro Logic II. I doubt the extra $120 would have made a difference to my untrained ear, if it had gone towards better speakers. However, my nagging brain would know I don't have the features on the receiver. Unfortunately, it also keeps chanting 6.1 6.1 6.1, but I was able to ignore it long enough to make the purchase.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Buzz, which studios are re-equalizing soundtracks to tame the brightness?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.