AVS Forum banner

401 - 414 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
18,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
So how do you feel about Lucifer getting renewed for a 6th season?

:p

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
There are rumors of Constantine popping up in an Lucifer episode in season 5, along with other characters from the Arrowverse. We'll see..

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Here is the original posting fixed, i.e., the space removed from the url.

Oh, and what two parts? Looking on YouTube there is only this video.
I meant the two parts of the link, I didn't want to post the whole link as the video is inappropriate for work and didn't want someone to accidently click on it without taking the effort to put the link together.

·
Premium Member
9,022 Posts
Sorry. The posting was about the video, so I thought that was what was in two parts, not the link. I just figured that the space in the link was a typo.

I use JDownloader2 to get videos and that requires the link be whole so that it can be copied in the buffer. JD2 looks at new stuff being placed into the copy buffer and if it is a valid URL, adds it to the list of files to be downloaded. Tough to do when the link isn't whole. :D

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Lucifer Season 5: Supernatural's Own God, Rob Benedict, Will Guest-Star
By Matt Webb Mitovich

Lucifer will meet his father from another universe (in a manner of speaking) when Rob Benedict guest-stars in a Season 5 episode.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Benedict, who has recurred on Supernatural over the years as God (aka Chuck *****ey), will appear during Season 5 as Vincent Le Mec, a hardened French Mercenary whose violent work brings him to Los Angeles — and into the crosshairs of Lucifer, Chloe and the LAPD.

The first half of Lucifer Season 5 was recently announced to premiere on Netflix Friday, Aug. 21. Benedict’s appearance, which was filmed just before the pandemic-dictated shutdown, comes in the 15th episode — meaning, part the yet-to-be-scheduled Season “5B.” (Filed Under ‘Fun With Family’: Benedict visited the Lucifer set ahead of his guest spot, where he posed with “my two sons,” series lead Tom Ellis and director Richard Speight Jr., who on Supernatural plays the angel Gabriel.)

Check out a photo of Benedict on-set with Ellis and co-showrunner Ildy Modrovich:

Season 5’s other guest castings, it should be noted, include 24 POTUS Dennis Haysbert as Lucifer‘s own God. (You can read about that and learn much more about what’s ahead in TVLine’s Everything We Know About Lucifer Season 5 guide.)

In addition to his ongoing run on Supernatural, Benedict’s TV credits also include Bosch, Masters of Sex, Birds of Prey and Felicity.

https://tvline.com/2020/06/26/lucifer-season-5-casting-rob-benedict-supernatural/

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
How Lucifer’s Extra Episodes Impacted Season 5 Story
Lucifer showrunners Joe Henderson and Ildy Modrovich explain how having an extra six episodes has impacted the story for the TV show's fifth season.

BY KJ MINZNER

The upcoming fifth season of Lucifer will have a few more episodes than previously expected, which means new things are in store for fans of the show. Returning on August 21st, the new season of Lucifer will have sixteen episodes rather than the previously planned 10, giving writers more space to explore and come up with creative new ways to tell their story.

Though the extra episodes were a welcome surprise, the whole fifth season could be described as unexpected. Lucifer was originally canceled by Fox after season 3 but was saved by Netflix. The streaming platform renewed the show for a fourth season and noticing Lucifer's success, renewed it again for a fifth season. Not only was Lucifer saved again and again by Netflix, but the network also increased its order for the show, giving writers six more episodes to work with.

The showrunners Joe Henderson and Ildy Modrovich have filled their extra episodes with content that promises to be truly unique. In a photo preview from EW, we can see the cast dressed up in striking film noir style costumes. The show will apparently feature a flashback episode set in the 1940’s that will reveal more about Maze’s and Lucifer’s pasts. In his interview for the article, Henderson explains how essential these special episodes feel to the show as a whole, saying, “When we went from 10 to 16, [at] first we were like, 'How do we do this?' But literally within three days we were like, ‘How could we ever had told the story without these stories?’”

Modrovich also expressed her excitement for the noir episode, and noted how it was a good fit for the show and really seemed to suit the series lead Tom Ellis. The episode apparently comes at a point where other characters need more information about Lucifer’s history, and so Lucifer tells them the story of his past through the lens of film noir: “There was a moment in our arc where Lucifer needed to give us a little backstory on a character and tell us what happened to [him] a long time ago and we thought, ‘Perfect moment for a Princess Bride moment. So, let's open it up and have Lucifer tell this story to someone.’”

For the show’s devoted audience, it’s exciting to get a glimpse of what Lucifer season 5 has in store. Since the last season ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, there’s been speculation as to what the new Lucifer season will focus on. The previous finale concluded with Lucifer returning to rule over Hell, so we could be spending more time in the supernatural world than in previous seasons.

If season 6 truly is the last season of Lucifer as Netflix has been saying, it’s sure to end just as dramatically as season 4. However, it’s possible that this won’t be Lucifer’s final appearance. Considering Netflix’s previous willingness to extend the show, as well as new deals for Ellis and the showrunners Henderson and Modrovich, a season 7 renewal is still possible. Though the future is uncertain, this may not be the last we see of this devilish detective.

https://screenrant.com/lucifer-season-5-extra-episodes-story-details/

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Lucifer bosses explain how the season 6 renewal affects season 5
By Chancellor Agard

A last-minute resurrection wasn't a source of chaos for Lucifer.

The Tom Ellis-led fantasy procedural was supposed to end with season 5, but in February, Netflix and WBTV asked showrunners Joe Henderson and Ildy Modrovich, who were busy writing the series finale, if they had one more season in them. At first, the pair thought no, but then they pondered the offer for a few more days and had a change of heart.

"It was very, very similar to when we went from 10 episodes to 16," Henderson tells EW. "[We were] like, 'No, this is perfect. If we do this, it'll ruin everything! Then three days later, you're like, 'Wait, how could we not have done this?'"

"What we realized is that the last bit of that [series] finale episode was actually a lot of great stories sped up just to give us a satisfying ending for all our characters," says Modrovich. "We literally lobbed off Act 6 and went, 'Let's take what happens in Act 6 in a scene and dive into it, and really explore how are characters end up where they ended up.' So, that ended up being our nugget for season 6."

Thus, the road toward the official renewal, which was announced in June, was paved. And the duo is very excited about what's coming in season 6, which will definitely be the end for the death-defying show.

"It's the story we were always going to tell, but just written much larger and to me [now] so much more interestingly that it breaks my heart to think we weren't [originally] going to do it this way," says Henderson, adding they're more confident in the new series ending than the one they initially plotted out. "When they were like, 'Can you do one more?' we said, 'Yes, but this our last story.'"

Modrovich adds: "In addition to what we're opening up from that ending, we thought of one giant story that just needed to be told, so that's what really stuck the landing for us."

So how does the surprising renewal affect season 5? Not that much. "That was another request we had [for the studio and streamer]. We said, 'Please don't make us what change what we have. Please don't make us water it down,' because we were so pleased with it and it's so impactful. Again, everybody was just very on-board with it,'" says Modrovich.

Arriving Aug. 21, the first eight episodes of season 5 begin with Lucifer stuck in Hell lording over the damned. "[There's a] slightly different energy to the start of the season," Ellis told EW during a set visit last August. "It was really strange coming to work and not working with my buddies." Meanwhile topside, Det. Chloe Decker (Lauren German) is adjusting to her Lucifer-less reality. "Emotionally, it's been good work because I get to play, starting season 5, heartbroken," said German. But of course, as the new trailer revealed, Lucifer's twin brother Michael arrives to shake things up.

"In the table reads, when Tom has to play Lucifer and Michael, it's amazing because he's literally doing the, 'sister!' 'mother!' 'sister!' [thing]. But you're also in the scene. You're staying with him because he's grounding it," says Henderson. "Tom makes what he does look so effortless that I think this season will remind people just how hard it is everything he does."

Adds Modrovich: "And he plays it with very different physical mannerism and speech patterns, so it is this weird back-and-forth where he's having this weird schizophrenic conversation with himself. He's brilliant."

Because the cycle was written to be the end, it features some of the drama's most daring episodes, including the previously revealed black-and-white flashback installment, and a self-deprecating hour in which the arrogant showrunner of a series about the Devil solving crimes is murdered. Plus, there's a full-blown musical episode coming in the back half of the season.

"It's our best season yet," says Henderson. "It's funny and dark and twisted and sad and joyous."

Lucifer season 5A arrives Aug. 21 on Netflix.

https://ew.com/tv/exclusive-lucifer-bosses-reveal-how-the-season-6-renewal-affects-season-5/

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Lucifer Season 5 Poster Teases the Temptation of Chloe
By Matt Webb Mitovich

Is this the season of Lucifer where the detective finally seals the deal with the Devil? (Or as a lovely, sassy lady once put it, is the Netflix series nearing the destination of Bonetown?)

TVLine has gotten its hands on the key art/poster for Season 5 of the supernatural-tinged procedural, and it strongly suggests that the time is indeed now to “give in to temptation.”

Of course, those who have pressed play on the recently released trailer for Season 5 (embedded down below) may have some concerns about Chloe (played by Lauren German) acting too hastily upon seeing Lucifer’s face again, so unexpectedly soon. (When last we tuned in, Tom Ellis’ Lucifer had bid Chloe a sad farewell — and just as she had uttered those three not-so-little words! — before returning to Hell, to keep restless demons from trying to escape topside.)

When a reader asked TVLine’s Inside Line, “How will Lucifer and Chloe’s relationship develop when he comes back from Hell?,” co-showrunner Joe Henderson teased, “Wait, who says Lucifer’s coming back??” He then added (at a time when Season 5 was believed to be the final season), “We can’t say much, but know that Ildy [Modrovich] and I are Deckerstar fans ourselves, so we asked ourselves… what do we want to see happen between Lucifer and Chloe? What haven’t we explored or explained yet? And we’ve tried to get all of that in Season 5.”

The first half (eight episodes) of Lucifer Season 5 will be released to Netflix on Friday, Aug. 21. “In the stunning fifth season, the stakes are higher than ever,” reads an official teaser. “Secrets will be revealed, beloved characters will die, and we’ll finally get an answer to the question, ‘Will they or won’t they?’”

Netflix recently and super-officially announced a Season 6 renewal, but make no mistake, that will be the “final, FINAL” season, the streamer made clear.

https://tvline.com/2020/07/21/lucifer-season-5-poster-temptation-of-chloe/

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Scoop on Lucifer’s season premiere? –Cindy

The opener for Season 5 (out Aug. 21) is pretty fun, in that Lucifer uses some of the skills he learned over the years from the Detective to solve a mystery Down, Down Under (meaning, in Hell) — and maybe even help Chloe along the way with a case she tackles topside.

Do you have any scoop on Lucifer Season 5, Part 1? –Paola

I binged all eight of the episodes, and I’m thinking that Episode 5 might be my favorite, because as it deals with alllll kinds of emotions from a variety of characters and builds to an epiphany that made my eyes well up, for sure. (Then again, pandemic has me constantly on the verge.) Episode 3, meanwhile, is perhaps the funniest, dealing as it does with a murder on the set of a Warner Bros. TV show about a devilish hunk and his police detective paramour.

401 - 414 of 414 Posts