AVS Forum banner

421 - 440 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
I am enjoying the new season and the story lines but I really hated the black and white episode. Still have a few more episodes to go, will probably finish it up next weekend.

·
UHD Addict
37,978 Posts
I just finished episode 8 tonight of the new season. I enjoyed this half of the season., Now I can't wait for the other half to come out.

Have they said when the second half of the season will be released?

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
I've watched the first three episodes and it's great having the whole gang back and it looks really good in DV. I've always liked this cast. However...
I've never been a fan of the evil/jealous twin impersonating and trying to ruin the other twins life. And I'm not a fan of it here. Just not working for me. Like I said, I've only seen the first three episodes. So hoping the twin thing gets resolved sooner rather than later.

Reactions: aaronwt

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Lucifer EPs Laud Tom Ellis' Double Duty, Confirm That Spoiler Will Be in Season 5B
By Matt Webb Mitovich

Long before the Tom Ellis was named TVLine’s Performer of the Week, Lucifer‘s showrunners were hailing their star’s devilishly good double duty in Season 5.

As revealed very early in the first half of Season 5 — as well as played up in the trailer which was released back in mid-July — Lucifer’s brother Michael slipped away from the Silver City whilst his twin was busy lording over Hell, to at first to “break,” but ultimately decide to take over, his Earthly life. To those ends, Michael did an OK enough job passing as Lucifer, trading his smarmy voice for his twin’s clipped British accent and doing his very best as a solver of crimes.

But as viewers were made privy during Michael’s first scene by himself, and then with Maze, he’s a very different, far less polished celestial.

To bring Michael to life, “Tom [Ellis] sat with us, over several phone calls, really asking about who Michael was,” co-showrunner Ildy Modrovich told TVLine. “We wanted him to be quite opposite of Lucifer, but why? What made him that way? We started there, with his personality, and the physical traits and physical manifestation came organically after that.”

Specifically regarding the physical, Modrovich said the questions were, “Somebody who’s like that, how would they stand, how would they talk, what would they wear? It was very organic, and Tom was a big part of it.”

Speaking of how Michael stands, it is clear from go that he has a hitch in his right shoulder, which he needs to straighten out when posing as Luci. And if you were curious, as I was, what that apparent injury is all about, “We find out why he has it in [Season] 5B,” Modrovich shared. “We explore it pretty in depth.”

Turning to the finer, more subtle aspects of Ellis’ performance, Henderson said, “What I love about it is Tom is so seemingly effortless as Lucifer, when it’s actually a lot of work. With Michael, you can see how much craft he puts into it, but it’s the exact same amount that he puts into Lucifer; we’re just so used to it.” And because longtime viewers may take that for granted, “I’m excited for people to be reminded of just how hard it is, what he does, and how easy he makes it look,” said Henderson.

What’s that, you say? Tom Ellis is not Lucifer Morningstar? And Lucifer Morningstar is not Tom Ellis?

“People think he is that character, that he is being himself, like Jimmy Stewart or something, but he’s actually not like Lucifer. When you see him behind the scenes you realize he’s not that guy,” Modrovich affirmed. “There is obviously a lot of Tom Ellis in parts of Lucifer, which is what makes him so endearing, but Tom is just a good actor!”

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
Finished up season 5A last night. Was driving me nuts who the actor playing Pete is. But I refused to IMDb him. Then I broke down and right before I did a search it hit me. He's Big Jim's kid from Under the Dome!😄
It got better with regards to Michael. Still not a fan of the twin thing. Forgot they casted President Palmer as God. Saw his name in the opening credits and said the big guy is back. He looked like he came right off the celestial shuffle board court with that sweet cardigan he was wearing. Lol.

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Excellent season. Really enjoyed the ride. Lucifer was in fine form. His lines really crack me up at times. Played so well. I know we have the back half of the season still but going to miss this show when it is gone.

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Lucifer Set to Resume Production on Season 5, Followed by Final Episodes
By Matt Webb Mitovich

Netflix’s Lucifer, which was among the many TV shows that had to veritably “stop time” when the pandemic paused production in mid-March, has penciled in a date to return to work.

Sources tell TVLine exclusively that the supernatural-tinged procedural will resume production on Thursday, Sept. 24, at which time it will finish up the 16th and final episode of Season 5 (which released its first half on Aug. 21).

Once filming of that season finale is wrapped, the Lucifer team will segue directly into the start of production on its sixth and truly, sincerely, definitely final season (no episode count on that is currently available).

Warner Bros. TV had no comment on the series’ production timetable.

Lucifer Season 5A, which is now streaming on Netflix and consists of eight episodes, picked up with the titular Devil still lording over Hell, paving the way for — not a spoiler of any kind, any longer, but here’s a warning nonetheless — his twin brother Michael to wreak a bit of havoc. Elsewhere, Chloe had to grapple with a shocking reveal; Maze discovered that Lucifer has been lying to her for years about something major; Amenadiel struggled with a truth about newborn Charlie; Linda disclosed a dark secret from her past; and Dan was used as a pawn in a nefarious scheme.

Season 5B guest stars will include Rob Benedict aka Supernatural‘s own God, as a mercenary who lands in the crosshairs of Lucifer, Chloe and the LAPD.

·
Registered
21,209 Posts
Lucifer remains one of the best shows on television. Not only is Tom Ellis a massively gifted performer, the writing is out of this world. I binged through this season’s currently available Episodes and was massively entertained. Episode 3, iDablo, was one of the funniest send ups of serialized police dramas I can remember. And the season got even better as it went on. If the final eight episodes can even approach the quality of the first eight, Lucifer will be going out on top.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Lucifer remains one of the best shows on television. Not only is Tom Ellis a massively gifted performer, the writing is out of this world. I binged through this season’s currently available Episodes and was massively entertained. Episode 3, iDablo, was one of the funniest send ups of serialized police dramas I can remember. And the season got even better as it went on. If the final eight episodes can even approach the quality of the first eight, Lucifer will be going out on top.
Lucifer is coming back for season 6 so you don’t have to worry about it going out yet.

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Lucifer's Final-Season Episode Count Revealed — And It May Surprise You
By Matt Webb Mitovich

Lucifer‘s final season will be short and (bitter)sweet.

Sources tell TVLine that the supernatural-tinged procedural’s sixth and final season will run a total of eight (8) episodes — or half the length of Season 5, which released its first batch of episodes on Aug. 21. (Season 5 originally and famously received a 10-episode order, but that got expanded to 16 and is being released in two halves.) This final salvo of eight episodes will bring the series’ grand total to… 91.

A Netflix rep had no comment on the length of Season 6.

As previously reported by TVLine, Lucifer is set to resume production on Thursday, Sept. 24, at which time it will finish up the 16th and final episode of Season 5, which was left dangling by the pandemic. Once filming of that season finale is wrapped, the Lucifer team will segue directly into the start of production on its sixth and truly, sincerely, definitely final, final season.

Lucifer Season 5A, which is now streaming on Netflix, picked up with the titular Devil still lording over Hell, paving the way for — not a spoiler of any kind, any longer, but here is a boldfaced warning nonetheless — his twin brother Michael to wreak a bit of havoc. Elsewhere, Chloe had to grapple with a shocking reveal; Maze discovered that Lucifer has been lying to her for years about something major; Amenadiel struggled with a truth about newborn Charlie; Linda disclosed a dark secret from her past; and Dan was used as a pawn in a nefarious scheme.

Season 5B guest stars will include Rob Benedict aka Supernatural‘s own God, as a mercenary who lands in the crosshairs of Lucifer, Chloe and the LAPD.

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
‘Lucifer’ Showrunners On Upcoming Musical Episode & Final Season 6 – DC FanDome

By Anthony D'Alessandro

The biggest huzzah from today’s DC Fandome Lucifer panel was a clip from season 5B’s upcoming musical episode, “Bloody Celestial Karoake Jam” in which our title protagonist (Tom Ellis) and Ella Lopez (Aimee Garcia) cover Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust” on a football field with dancing players, cheerleaders and a high school band. An air date for season 5B has yet to be announced.

However, WBTV isn’t dropping the clip to the general public today, just a season 4 blooper reel which you can see below.

The idea for a musical episode “began to blossom after our Vegas episodes, after Tom and Aimee did ‘Luck Be a Lady’; I remember coming into rehearsal and crying, it was so exciting,” said Lucifer showrunner Ildy Modrovich today on DC Fandome’s TV session in a conversation with the series director Sherwin Shilati.

“Part of the challenge was always trying to find a reason to do a musical episode; you have to have the story-based reason as to why they break into song,” added co-showrunner Joe Henderson.

TV Line, Deadline’s sister publication, recently reported that season 6 of Lucifer on Netflix will be ten episodes long, six less than season 5’s 16 episodes. Season 5 dropped on Netflix on Aug. 21 and is being released in two halves. Total running episodes for the WBTV series will final at 93.

After Fox cancelled Lucifer two years ago, Netflix picked up the WBTV series starting with season 4. Season 6 will be the series’ last.

Said Henderson on the final go-round, “You can’t keep a good devil down. We’re potentially the most canceled-slash-uncanceled show that has ever existed. It’s a mixture of emotions and whiplash and joy and gratitude. We had a chance to end the series with 5, but then were given the option to decide whether or not we had one more story to tell.”

“We had one more story to tell,” said Modrovich, “you can’t kill the devil, my friend.”

Lucifer Season 4 Blooper Reel

·
UHD Addict
37,978 Posts
So will season 6 be ten or eight episodes? One article said eight and the other said ten.

Sent from my Nexus 7(32GB)

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
‘Lucifer’, Which Found Second Life On Netflix, Tops Nielsen Streaming Rankings
By Dade Hayes

Lucifer, which was canceled by Fox two years ago and then given a second life by Netflix, has come out on top of Nielsen’s latest streaming rankings.

The show outdid Nickelodeon animated series The Legend of Korra, which streams on Netflix, logging just shy of 1.6 billion minutes of viewing in the U.S. from August 17-23.

As has been the case since Nielsen debuted the streaming rankings last month, all 10 top titles are on Netflix. Disney+ and Hulu have been added to the consideration set as of this week. Amazon programming is also tracked by Nielsen, which measures only the U.S. and therefore can’t definitively gauge performance across global platforms.

Directionally, though, the data is noteworthy. The August 17-23 data also shows more of a mix between library fare and newer originals.

One popular original is The Umbrella Academy, whose second season debuted in July, finished No. 3 for the week with about 1.09 billion minutes of viewing. Project Power, a Netflix original movie starring Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, finished No. 7 with 761 million. Teenage Bounty Hunters, an original comedy drama that debuted August 14, took the No. 10 spot.

Here are the full rankings, with episodes available on Netflix and total streaming minutes:

1. Lucifer (75) 1.591B

2. The Legend of Korra (52) 1.248B

3. The Umbrella Academy (20) 1.088B

4. The Office (192) 928M

5. Shameless (121) 802M

6. Grey’s Anatomy (361) 764M

7. Project Power (1) 761M

8. Criminal Minds (277) 713M

9. NCIS (353) 533M

10. Teenage Bounty Hunters (10) 422M

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Lucifer recruits Alias alum, Deadpool actor for final season

By Chancellor Agard

Alias and Deadpool actors are blessing Lucifer with their presence in season 6.

EW has exclusively learned that Merrin Dungey and Brianna Hildebrand have been cast in the Netflix fantasy procedural's final season — and both of their characters will have ties to the show's angelic family.

First up: Dungey — a.k.a. Alias' Francine Calfo — will play Sonya, "a no-nonsense uniform cop who forms an unlikely bond with Amenadiel [DB Woodside]" according to the official character description. Dungey most recently appeared on Big Little Lies, Man with a Plan, and CBS All-Access' Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek: Lower Decks.

Next, Hildebrand, best known as the Deadpool franchise's Negasonic Teenage Warhead, has been cast as Rory, "a rebellious, angsty, and ready-to-start-some-trouble angel" hoping to follow in original rebel Lucifer's (Tom Ellis) footsteps. Alas, she'll eventually "realize Lucifer isn’t exactly the devilish big bro she hoped he’d be." Hildebrand's other credits include Trinkets, The Exorcist, and Tragedy Girls.

It will be a while before we even meet these new characters, though, because we still have to make it through the back half of season 5, which was delayed due to the pandemic. When season 5B eventually does premiere, it'll dive into the aftermath of the midseason's finale daddy of a cliffhanger: God (Dennis Haysbert) descending from Heaven to break up Lucifer, Amenadiel, and Michael's (Ellis) brutal precinct squabble.

"It takes him back to a very primal place, and his feelings are very raw," Ellis, teasing how God's arrival will affect the Devil in season 5B, told EW in August. "I'm just so happy and so proud of what we've done. The first two episodes of the second half of season 5 are my two favorite episodes of the season, without a doubt."

The first eight episodes of Lucifer season 5 are available on Netflix now, with season 5B arriving eventually. Season 6 is currently in production.

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
With numbers like this and its popularity, surprised Netflix cancelled it.

Ozark, The Office, and Frozen 2 top the most-streamed entertainment of 2020, Nielsen says

Here are theTV shows and movies we collectively streamed the most last year.

Entertainment became a precious commodity in 2020. With nowhere to go due to a global pandemic that is still ongoing, people hunkered down and watched a crap-ton of movies and shows to pass the time, keep them sane, and allow them to escape. Now that the year is over, Nielsen, which expanded its TV-ratings-tracking systems to incorporate streaming numbers in recent years, released its findings for the entertainment we collectively streamed the most over the last 12 months.

Disney+ titles dominated Nielsen's top 10 report for movies, with Frozen 2 sitting at the top. Moana (Disney Animation), Onward (Pixar), Hamilton (Walt Disney Pictures), the live-action Aladdin (Walt Disney Pictures), Toy Story 4 (Pixar), and Zootopia (Disney Animation) were also in the top 10. Dr. Seuss's The Grinch, found on Hulu these days (a Disney-controlled platform), also made its way on the list, along with Secret Life of Pets 2 and Spenser Confidential, the latter two hosted by Netflix.

Netflix seemed to dominate the television findings, both in terms of Nielsen's list of original series and acquired series. Ozark, Lucifer, and The Crown took the top three spots on the original series report, and The Office (which only just moved to Peacock in the new year), Grey's Anatomy, and Criminal Minds topped the acquired-series report.

The Office by far out-streamed the rest in terms of views. According to Nielsen, the Steve Carell-led comedy racked up 57 billion minutes of streams across 192 episodes in 2020, while the show was on Netflix. Viewers watched 30.5 billion minutes of Ozark across 28 episodes in the same period. By comparison, 14.9 billion minutes of Frozen 2 were streamed.

See the top-10 findings below, ranked by minutes streamed.

Original series
1. Ozark (30.5 billion)
2. Lucifer (18.97 billion)
3. The Crown (16.3 billion)
4. Tiger King (15.6 billion)
5. The Mandalorian (14.5 billion)
6. The Umbrella Academy (13.5 billion)
7. The Great British Baking Show (13.3 billion)
8. Boss Baby: Back in Business (12.6 billion)
9. Longmire (11.4 billion)
10. You (10.97 billion)

Acquired series
1. The Office (57.1 billion)
2. Grey's Anatomy (39.4 billion)
3. Criminal Minds (35.4 billion)
4. NCIS (28.1 billion)
5. Schitt's Creek (23.8 billion)
6. Supernatural (20.3 billion)
7. Shameless (18.2 billion)
8. New Girl (14.6 billion)
9. The Black List (14.5 billion)
10. The Vampire Diaries (14.1 billion)

Movies
1. Frozen 2 (14.9 billion)
2. Moana (10.5 billion)
3. Secret Life of Pets 2 (9.1 billion)
4. Onward (8.4 billion)
5. Dr. Seuss's The Grinch (6.2 billion)
6. Hamilton (6.1 billion)
7. Spenser Confidential (5.4 billion)
8. Aladdin (2019) (5.1 billion)
9. Toy Story 4 (4.4 billion)
10. Zootopia (4.4 billion)

Nielsen's findings note that streaming now accounts for nearly a quarter (24 percent) of all usage in American households with smart TVs.

Scott N. Brown, general manager of audience measurement at Nielsen, mused in a statement, "A bigger question might be what will audiences do following any recovery, how the behavior adopted during stay-at-home orders might influence habits when consumers have the ability to go back to theaters to enjoy that experience and how content creators will leverage data to make the best decisions regarding distribution platforms in the future."

421 - 440 of 440 Posts