AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hello, World!
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the latest Lumagen Firmware: 081005 48Hz actually seems to be working! Just spent 30 minutes watching some DVDs and a few minutes testing with AVIA Pro's motion patterns and the Lumagen worked flawlessly.

With DVDs I didn't notice a single loss of cadence.

With AVIA Pro the Lumagen relocked very quickly after edit transitions.

I don't want to say it's working perfectly until I've spent some more time viewing DVDs but I think they may have cracked it...

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Yes, I downloaded it last night and watched "Goodfellas." This firmware release required me to set sound delay at 110ms - awfully high!

·
Hello, World!
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. My sound delay didn't require any change (I currently use 23ms). 110ms would be a very noticable change indeed. I wonder if getting the 1080p24sf you use requires more processing time (I can't really see why).

Mark

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Is this 48Hz supposed to work for HD sources too? I'm guessing not, but just figured I would ask as I would like to go from 1080i film to [email protected]

--Darin

·
Hello, World!
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darin,

Haven't tested HD.

It *might* work, and we would most certainly want it to work eventually, but right now HD in handled differently to SD in the Lumagens and so it my be bypassing this bit of the code. Once they add true 1080i deinterlacing I would definately expect 48Hz to work.

Mark

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
J. Mike Ferrera,

Same here - I'm almost up to the max audio delay on my Audio processor. Not sure why, as the processor shouldn't be adding that much delay. It could also be something to do with my display.

Been testing various scenarios with the genlocking - particularly with PAL sources (not at 48Hz). It is working flawlessly for me as well.

·
Hello, World!
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've confirmed with DVE's audio delay test pattern that my audio delay is unchanged at 23ms. There must be some extra processing go on in your display devices to cause the 110ms delay???

Mark

·
Hello, World!
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would the digital output be delayed compared to the component?

Just watched an entire film - only one loss of cadence and then only for a split-second. They've cracked it! I finally have 48Hz for my CRT :D

Mark

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_H
Why would the digital output be delayed compared to the component?

Just watched an entire film - only one loss of cadence and then only for a split-second. They've cracked it! I finally have 48Hz for my CRT :D

Mark
Now give it to us in HD with proper deinterlacing, who does still watch DVD anyway :D

·
Hello, World!
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do :p At least until we get high def DVD :D And at that point I want my Lumagen working with 1080p!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If its not too involved, can someone explain what genlock is and what its purpose is? I am running a 59avi via HDMI (480I) to my HDP and then out to an Optoma H77 720p.

If the explanation is too involved just tell me to shut up and google. :)

THanks...

John

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
It's explained in Lumagens FAQ on their website.

Gordon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.