AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lumagen HDQ and wanted to know if it was possible to use this device as a DVI Switchbox only without any scaling taking place?

Currently I am running our AVS HTPC through the Lumagen and no matter what I do the image looks considerably better going direct to the projector than when connected through the HDQ.

The projector that I am using is a NEC XG-135LC CRT and has a HTCP enabled dvi input card as well as the RGBHV input on the NEC.

The sources going into the Lumagen are the following:

DVI In 1: Dish Network HD Satellite

DVI In 2: Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD Player

DVI In 3: AVS HTPC

DVI In 4: AVS HTPC HD output via MYHD

DVI Output: Direct to NEC-XG-135LC CRT Projector using HTCP enabled DVI Input board

Since I do not have any HD DVD test disks in which to test resolution I have no idea whether the same things are happening to my other sources.

This is the reason I want to try to disable ALL scaling functions and use it currently ONLY as a switch box. I have already tried the "pass through" setting in the menu but scaling still seems to take place.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
If the output res is set the same as the input res then when you select SCALE.PASS then no scaling takes place in HDQ. You cannot bypass scaling for instance if you go in at 480i and come out at 720p...you can however go in at 480i and out at 480p or in at 1080i and out at 1080p etc.

Gordon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.