Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am considering purchasing a Lumagen Vision for my 8" crt after reading the excellent review in Widescreen. (I'm interested in the Pro because I need two passthru inputs for high def sources.) The review of the Lumagen states that there is almost no ringing or deinterlacing artifacts and that the color is excellent with very good detail. If you have a Lumagen or have seen one in action with a crt, I'd like to know what you think. I'd particularly like to know about ringing.....i.e. with a thin dark vertical line on a light background, can you see false echo(s) of the line. A good place to check for this is the sharpness test screen on Avia or Video Essentials.

Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
the lumagen is the best scaler i have seen at it's price point. it blows away the focus and dvdo processors. the dvdo is not even in the same league since it only doubles. detail and colors are excellent. sharpness control is very course but left at "0" it does not have any softness or added ringing. altho it can run at 48hz scan rate, it is useless as the image shows a lot of judder during any panning scenes. the judder is a lot less at 60hz. it can be set for any resolution from 480 to 1080. the only things i can see as a "inconvenience" is the remote which has too many buttons that are too small and tightly spaced together. also, the onscreen menu while informative is bit too minimal.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Jeff,

I have used the Lumagen with a Runco DTV-940 and have had great success at 480p, 720p and 1080i resolutions. I recall you having a Barco from when I brought some Thiels over. PM me for more information and to say Hi.

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
73 Posts
The lumagen throws a great picture and is a great match with CRTs because you can tweak the picture to get the most out of the CRT.

If I didn't have my Lumagen I'd probably be fussing with an HTPC to get the configuration I want. Lumagen is much easier to setup and more stable.

I agree about the remote and look forward to finding the time to get my learning remote programmed.

I don't notice any "ringing" with my pj. My pj is a 1271

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.