AVS Forum banner
  • If you've ever wanted to ask questions on industry standards when setting up your home theater, you're in luck! Peter Aylett, 30 year integrator and partner at HTE Acoustic Interior Design will be answering questions until Sun. Nov. 28th! The thread is now open, and you can join in here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I am a new member to the site and wanted to share my beginner's setup. I know I need to work on my wire maintenance, so that's at the top of my to do list. Hope you guys like and I am always up for suggestions to improve. Thanks for checking it out.

Setup
TV: Samsung UN55D6900
Receiver: Denon AVR-1912
Front Speakers: Polk Audio TSX 330T
Center Speaker: Polk Audio TSX 150C
Surround and Rear Speakers: Polk Audio T15
Subwoofers: Klipsch Synergy SUB-10, Polk Audio PSW110
Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT220
Console: Xbox One

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here are my lights. I haven't taken new pics with the new setup with the lights, but they are still attached to the tv...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
663 Posts
Cosmetics make or break the whole perception of the space. Make those wires disappear as best you can. Adequate lengths, some velcro wire ties, maybe some plastic wire loom, or nylon mesh. Fish the rear channel speaker wires down to the molding at the least.......blaaa blaa blaa, just like A.A. the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem....just have to bite the bullet, tear things apart and make it pretty.
Have you considered trying to spread out your front speakers a little bit more? Maybe scoot your AV cabinet and left speaker over about a foot, and trade the sub and right channel location? It looks like they're currently pointed at the ottoman, which, if that is your primary viewing location, is OK, I guess, just looks like most people would be sitting further back.
What's the story on the subwoofer stands?

Reactions: Lush23

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the wires are a mess and I planned on fixing them when I started this whole process.. But I am only in this house rental for another 3-4 months. Our next house rental I will tidy everything up since I can place the room with the setup I currently have.

Weaselfest, thanks for the input on the front setup layout. I just got the sectional this past weekend and haven't moved any of the front setups to adjust for the new sitting area. I am curious, what are the benefits of the subwoofer placed inside the right speaker? I currently have 2 subs, should I move the other one inside the left speaker?

Subwoofer stands were mainly to see if I could make them. I placed the subs on them and they did seem to sound better with them. But I will be honest, I don't know the role and advantages of having a stand for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.