AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for a thread that was only about Lutron Caseta and the Smart Bridge and could not find one, so I decided to start one.

Last week Lutron launched Homekit support for their new Smart Bridge hubs. They also launched a "PRO" dimmer that allows you to use an existing mechanical toggle switch in a 3-way configuration.

Things I would like to see in the future:

Ability to have dimmer set to specific on brightness or to use last used brightness
Fan control
Keypad

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try RadioRA 2. It has all you ask for.
It seems like Smart Bridge (SB) and Caseta are getting most of the attention from Lutron lately. SB has HomeKit/Siri support, free app and free remote access.

What I would love to see is for the Smart Bridge Pro to get support for the RadioRA2 devices. They all use the same radios.

·
Registered
119 Posts
What I would love to see is for the Smart Bridge Pro to get support for the RadioRA2 devices. They all use the same radios.
That - most probably - won't ever happen. Caseta hardware is stripped down too much to support RA2 level devices. Caseta, if I recall correctly, doesn't even have hardware scenes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That - most probably - won't ever happen. Caseta hardware is stripped down too much to support RA2 level devices. Caseta, if I recall correctly, doesn't even have hardware scenes.
I agree that it probably won't happen but there is technically nothing holding Lutron back from allowing their RA2 devices to talk to the Smart Bridge. It uses the same "Clear Connect" radio that is in the RA2 Main Repeater.The software of the Smart Bridge would need some updating to allow for these devices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts