AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three Lutron Spacer System light switches in a gang box. No Lutron remote or scene control in the box. I want to create my own scenes varying the lighting in each switch.

I've downloaded all the Spacer CCF's from remote central but still can't figure out how to create my own scenes. Did I mess up and not get the scene module for the gang box? I thought I read that I didn't need it to create scenes.

Help,

Jeff

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi there.

Did you grab the Spacer SYSTEM ccf files. Difference between Spacer System and Spacer-System allowing preset scenes. Spacer will just have a single preset light level. Gets bad when you want one dimmer to be on and the other off-therefore the need for the Spacer System.

I believe the set the scenes, adjust the lighting to the desired level at the wall control and then press and hold the scene X button on the PRONTO remote. I think the spacer system can store up to 4 scenes plus off. Think the Spacer system dimmer LEDs blink when the scene is set.

Think that's it. Lotsa thinking, haven't used one in a while...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what someone else suggested. I tried to set the scenes by holding the Pronto and have the lights to the preset level but the pronto says Failed when I do this.

I'm setting the pronto to Learn at that time also. Maybe that isn't right?

Seems like an easy job. But I haven't got it to work yet.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
32 Posts
I never had any luck programming my dimmers (2 in one box) with the Pronto. I ended up borrowing a Lutron remote from a friend, setting the scenes as desired and then learning the Lutron dimmer with the Pronto. Not much help I know but I thought I would share my experience with a similar set up to yours.

Dan

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I could find someone with the Lutron 4 scene remote to use. That thing is over $100 just for that remote!!

Otherwise, I won't be able to get my own scenes programmed into the Pronto :(

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.