AVS Forum banner

2601 - 2620 of 2625 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Question. If I want to use an electronic switch for a 15 A receptacle, what's the best way? I know I can use a Soft Switch or Appliance Module, but I can't think of how to use a conventional switch button instead of a keypad or pico without an automation controller. Ideas?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yes. Just a toggle single button switch. It’s too bad there’s no 15 A out of the box wall switch, just 8 A. I think it would have to go to a relay or something.

·
Registered
9,660 Posts
I used to have RTI as well, but switched to Control4 about 2 years ago.
It'd be really helpful if you have a minute to elaborate and explain why you switched. Did C4 offer something RTI didn't? Did you have problems with RTI?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I’ll follow-up to the email. I just don’t like the interfaces for C4, and they made it hard for me to get in as a small-time group. Not very accessible/friendly. There’s a great RTI community.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm finally getting around to starting my Radio RA2 install.

I will be using a hybrid keypad for scenes with several dimmers for multiple light circuits but I would rather not use the keypad as the primary dimmer for the room when first entering or leaving.

The closest thing I could find is one of the Pico remotes (PJ2-2B) but apparently their primary on button cannot be set to anything other than 100%. As I don't set lights to 100% in any scene, this doesn't really work for me.

There is the 3-Button with raise/lower (PJN-3BRL) where the center button can be used for a preset but that little button for a preset scene is no better than the small buttons on a keypad.

There is the Pico 4 button scene remote (PJ2-4B) but it is 4 buttons. I suppose it could be a compromise but it still provide choices. The idea is to eliminate choices when entering the room. Just one button for on and off but still a scene.

I was hoping that Lutron had a paddle dimmer that could be used in this manner but I'm not seeing it.

Any ideas?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Louis

·
Registered
396 Posts
You can make any pico button do anything. Convention states you should have the bottom one off, and the engraving will say that if it’s not a custom Pico, but you can set what you like. Try it in the software and see what works for you. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
You can make any pico button do anything. Convention states you should have the bottom one off, and the engraving will say that if it’s not a custom Pico, but you can set what you like. Try it in the software and see what works for you. :)
So with the PJ2-2B or PJN-3BRL I can program the top button to a scene with less than 100% on for each linked dimmer, correct? That is what I'm looking for.

Louis

·
Registered
577 Posts
When buying Radio RA2 components, is it best to buy from spiwrx directly or through the storefront, Hank's Electrical Supply? I don't see some of the components I need listed or even discoverable on the website.

·
Registered
97 Posts
When buying Radio RA2 components, is it best to buy from spiwrx directly or through the storefront, Hank's Electrical Supply? I don't see some of the components I need listed or even discoverable on the website.
It doesn’t really matter - I do both. If you can’t find a part in the online store Paul can just put together a quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have a couple of questions.

With the wireless Powr Saver ceiling vacancy sensor, what is the maximum delay that you can program with the Inclusive software? And is there any harm in painting the plastic case of the sensor black? Does that in any way impair the operation of the PIR motion sensor?

On the Pico remote with the nightlight, how does that work? Is the button on the Pico always illuminated?

TIA

·
Registered
577 Posts
Does anyone here have experience with the Lutron Hi-lume Premier 0.1% Constant Voltage Driver (L3D0)?

I am considering this as a replacement for the LED driver that was sold to me with a Pure Edge LED recessed lighting (LED tape). It works okay but there is some flicker that I'd like to get rid of. It isn't always present. I think it is a result of fluctuation in the AC. I also see this flicker in some 25w decorative G25 bulbs so there is something in the AC, noise or power fluctuation. Even though the LED driver (PSB-100W-ELV-24VDC-IW) was expensive ($260) relative to the Hi-lume, I'm not convinced of its quality. I think I over paid but these things are "black boxes." Using RRD-6NA dimmer.

Also, this driver appears to require a special 3-wire dimmer (RRD-F6AN-DV) in a Radio RA2 system. I was planning on just getting the RRD-PRO since it seems to cover most if not all use cases, but that doesn't appear to be the case here.

Thanks!

Louis

·
Registered
396 Posts
Unless something changed, you can only use the Lutron thermostats to be able to have different Time Clock modes affect thermostat (e.g. press Away on keypad and the temp falls in line). Further, you can’t use the 3 part thermostat decora size displays with non-Lutron Thermostats. You can use a thermostat from integration partners and still use the Lutron app to change temps, but that’s all you get. If the thermostat isn’t on that list it won’t integrate with the app. In short, I’d recommend going Lutron if you aren’t going to use a third-party control system. It’s really frustrating that Lutron doesn’t make it clear that you can’t use time-clock mode with partner thermostats.

While I use RTI control, I do hope Lutron releases a revised RR Main Repeater that integrates the Connect Bridge and offers increased capabilities for integrations.

2601 - 2620 of 2625 Posts