AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any advice/thoughts and can't find a thread or much content comparing these.

I'm upgrading my Classe SSP-800 after 8 years and this has prompted a bigger upgrade for the system in my family room. I have B&W 803d and HTM2 up front but adding B&W 8.5 rear surround, four B&W 7.5 in ceiling atmos speakers and trying to pick the right processor. Amplifiers are all Classe (CAM 400x3, CA5200 and CA2200)

I've read and heard great things about the Lyngdorf and had a chance to listen to it at a shop nearby but the dealer I am working with for this project does not sell Lyngdorf formally (though he says he can get it FWIW). They initially offered me the JBL Synthesis SDP-65 for the same price as the Lyngdorf MP-60. Now in the context of COVID it sounds like the SDP-65 is not readily available and the dealer has been offered a JBL Synthesis SDP-75 for the same price as a substitute from JBL. I do not have much experience with JBL Synthesis and would love to get anyone's thoughts on this proposition. Or alternate recommendations.

Thanks in advance!
Srini

·
Premium Member
24,818 Posts
You might want to also ask this in the High End forum, where there are dedicated threads for the '75 and the Trinnov Altitude on which it's based.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
The JBL does not have PEQ and remapping like it’s Trinnov sister.

To me the only reason to own the JBL SYNTHESIS is if you have JBL or Revel speakers with the tuning files.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts