AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
There are many different Vifa tweeters, however as you've been present in the Rocket threads I'll assume you mean the XT used by Onix. By "Lynnfield tweeter" I'll assume you mean the ones using the AMD tuned bridge over the dome ala Boston Acoustics.

In short, the AMD device cancels the the tweeters breakup modes caused by dome tip distortion, while the dual concentric rings of the Vifa XT prevent them from occuring in the first place. Although the XT will still break up, it does it at much higher frequencies well out of the audible range.

I've never heard an AMD tweeter but if well implemented I'm sure it can sound as good to as many people as the XT would. They may or may not be the same people though, as tastes vary. In general when it comes to speaker components it's not necessarily what you use, but how you use it, so it's kind of hard to rank an individual component outside of the context of the entire product.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi wally,

yes i meant the lynnfield tweeter in boston acoustics speaker, specifically the vrm60 bookshelf; and the vifa in the polk lsi9. i had listened both speakers and the rocket 750 plus i own a pair of nht 1.5.

i am a bookshelf speaker lover...while i was impressed with the rocket 750s but i am not looking to buy them. i am looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers to replace my nht 1.5, so far not sucessful...given a budget for $500-800 a pair. the nht list price was $600 but i only paid $400. the nht is very well integrated, even with low volume u still hear details, i can't find any fault in it...except sometimes they sound a little spitzy, a little less forgiving but i love my nht's. the boston vrm60s lynnfield tweeters also at times sound spitzy but the overall sound is what i would describe it as "seducive" and i do think they are a step up from my nht 1.5s but at $1000 a pair. while i like the polk lsi9 bass attack, i am not sure whether i like them as much as the nht and the bostons...eventhough i can get the polk lsi9 for $600-700 a pair.

have u listened to the polk lsi series? if u did, how do they compare to the rockets?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Billie, have you tried the Rocket RS250s? I'm looking to pick up a set, so I'd be interested to hear your opinion if you can compare them to the other bookshelf speakers you mentioned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.