AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
American Dreams and L&O-CI were in HD tonight but now Lyon's Den is not. Is this just a NYC problem or is anyone else in the same boat?

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's in "mini" widescreen. Looks like when they do letterbox commercials in 4:3. I've got curtains top and bottom and left and right.. Whats up with that? Anybody else?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same in Philly, no HD.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
NBC-HD has been messing up all week. Why stop now?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
No HD in DC. And American Dreams was, so I don't know what the deal is.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by FSugino
NBC-HD has been messing up all week. Why stop now?
Not really.

I've not seen any network related problems, until now.

Members need to differentiate between a problem at the network source and a local problem when placing blame.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Same in Houston - I thought it was a local problem - so I called them... Guess they're not to blame this time (unlike during ER this week when they switched to SD and never came back).

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cruzer
It's in "mini" widescreen. Looks like when they do letterbox commercials in 4:3. I've got curtains top and bottom and left and right.. Whats up with that? Anybody else?
It's happening all over. The network is not transmitting in HD. Let's see if it gets corrected.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Its not in HD in Minneapolis either. The network screen just before it started indicated the show would be in widescreen. Maybe it's like what happened to "Coupling" last Thursday. In subsequent episodes it is supposed to be in HD but they claimed there was a lack of enough time before the first show.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If I had known that Lyon's Den wouldn't be in HD, then I would have watched it on my TV and recorded The Practice on my comp instead. Oh well.

Hopefully they'll fix it next week so it's not entirely out of my schedule.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
It stated at the beginning: "Presented in Widescreen". Odds are the pilot wasn't done in Hd for what ever reason.

I watched the show but it really wasn't compelling for me, don't know if I'll bother in the future. The Nigerian woman seemed like too much of a plot convenience, and a set-up, which she turned out to be.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Same here in L.A.

I am just tired of these NBC inconsistencies!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Here in Rochester MN all Sunday night programs were not in HDTV. I was planning on watching this new show but since it wasn't in HDTV it wasn't worth my time. Thats my rule for new shows on NBC. If its not in HDTV I won't watch it. Looks like it was a combination of the network and the local station. I am pretty sure that Sunday nights are a bad night for the network because I think the janitor that 'flips' the switch to HDTV doesn't come into work since nobody else is around.

For me I don't understand why anyone has to flip a switch for HDTV programming. Why can't it just always be in that mode? The few times when they forgot to flip the switch back (whether this was a local thing or the network I don't know) the picture looks remarkably better without the stretch and after years of watching letterbox movies black bars on the sides don't bother me.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Come on, NBC! Tell us, was the pilot in HD (so that it might be properly shown later) or was it made in SD?

How come no one from NBC will post here?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.