AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what remote PC to PC software works with M-Audio. Microsoft Windows XP remote control does not apparently (at least I haven't been able to make if work yet).

Anybody know about PC anywhere or LapLink?

Anybody know if PC Anywhere or Laplink workd with MusicMatch.

Trying to operate an audio server that is in the closet.

Thanks.

Jan gullett

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jan Gullett
Anybody know what remote PC to PC software works with M-Audio. Microsoft Windows XP remote control does not apparently (at least I haven't been able to make if work yet).

Anybody know about PC anywhere or LapLink?

Anybody know if PC Anywhere or Laplink workd with MusicMatch.

Trying to operate an audio server that is in the closet.

Thanks.

Jan gullett
Girder

Please keep it to 1 thread.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking for a remote desktop solution actually not remote control. sorry. Isn't girder a solution for a handheld remote? I am trying to use one pc to give GUI commands to an audio server PC.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SIMJEDI
Here's a nice one: VNC

peace
Did not register. Site acting ssssslllllloooooowwwww.

peace

·
Registered
12 Posts
What kind of problems are you having with remote desktop in XP ? I have this headless XP box hooked up to my receiver and use another PC to control it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I set remote control to leave the sound at the audio server, but my revo has no sound (including windows sounds) with remote control running. Have spent days trying to get it to work. It works fine if I just boot the audio server and control it locally.

I use Musicmatch. And indications are that Musicmatch does not support XP Pro remote desktop either, though it seems to run fine, just no sound.

I have a separate PC that runs Musicmatch locally from mapped drives on the audio server. I would like to be able to control this PC as well with XP remote desktop. But the M-Audio Dio only gives SPDIF sound from the local DVD drive with no analog if controled by Remote Desktop. I was able to fix the problem by uninstalling, removing files and registry values, reinstalling and controling locally. But after a mobo change, using remote control to reinstall software and configuration I have the same problem again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quick question. If you look at the Sound and Device Audio Properties, does it say No audio device ? If so, do you have FastUserSwitching enabled ? If you do, disable it and see if that fixes the problem. Good Luck !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.