Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just received and installed my Audiophile 2496, but I'm having trouble getting any sound out at all. I'm using Windows 2000 Pro, and I installed the recommeded WDM drivers, along with the latest Win2K drivers from the maudio website. Basically, I unmuted everything, played around with the mixer/volume control, but didn't get any sound out at all. I've made sure that the digital cable is connected from the Audiophile dongle's "Out" socket to my TAGMcLaren AV32R's "DVD" socket.

My mixer and volume control display shows the meter moving when I play music/sound files, so I suppose the software is working, but perhaps there's just no signal passing through?

Also, I don't know if this matters, but I'm using an ECS K7S5A motherboard with integrated AC97 sound. I don't know if I uninstalled it fully, I assumed the Audiophile would override it. Could this be the source of my problem? If so, how can I fully disable and uninstall the AC97 codec? If not, what can I do to get sound working?\\\\

Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Under Control Panel, you'll find Sound ... speaker icon. Click that. Select the M Audio as the default playback devices.

See if that works.

(Scratch, screatch, scratch ...actually you are saying the VU meters are active on the Audiophile Contorl Panel. That means the DMA is moving).:confused:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it was set to the Delta AP multichannel setting. There are 2 other settings, the Delta AP 1/2 setting, which I presume is the analog setting, and the Delta AP S/PDIF setting. I switched it to the S/PDIF and it works now.

However, why would this be the case? Wouldn't the multichannel work too? I mean, if it works for analog, why not digital?

Another thing is, what would I have to set up to get it to pass DD and DTS signals to my prepro? Would it still be S/PDIF(same as normal music)?

·
Registered
92 Posts
If it works, don't ask why. ;)

It's a Microsoft thing. BTW, do you have the SP2 patch?

Anyway, to answer the rest, yes, but you need to put non-Audio to pass encoded streams like AC-3, dts, ...

I actually still run Win98SE for my HTPC because I prefer to manually control all routing, behaviour, etc. instead of Microsoft kernel sticking its nose into everything I want to do. They do not know better and they are really addressing 95% of the crowd that is scared of touching, configuring a PC.

I avoided win2k. Will see what XP release bring to our side of the "planet".

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Goi, use non-audio for professional and consumer. Also remember to save the setting. Try that

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys...after much tweaking, setting up and patching, I've succeeded in getting AC3 and DTS to work on WinDVD 2.8. However, all my other players don't seem to be working(no AC3/DTS audio)...my other players are the ATI DVD 4.1 and PowerDVD 2.55

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.