Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I've the AP2496 soundcard, Win2K and the latest beta drivers.

I've lately had some problems playing video files as well as general sound files(wav) other than mp3 files.

Basically, video files have no sound and wav files will not play. The Delta CP mixers show no activity when my "Prefered Device" for sound playback under "Sounds and Multimedia" is set to S/PDIF. If I set it to Delta AP Multichannel, it will work. However, then DVD movies will not work. Zoom Player will report an error with the pin configuration. Setting it to S/PDIF will solve the problem.

So, as you can see, I must now manually switch between Delta AP S/PDIF and Delta AP Multichannel when I play movie files, and when I play DVD movies. This is very tedious, and it didn't use to be this way. It worked before when I set it to S/PDIF, and I didn't do nothing, so I don't know why this changes.

Also, when the device is set to "Delta AP Multichannel", the mixer activity is shown as WavOut 1/2 rather than WavOut S/PDIF, which is what I want. I want to output ALL my HTPC sounds to S/PDIF rather than analog out, how do I do that? Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Which programs are you using for playback of DVD's and video files? I also have a 2496 running in XP with the beta drivers (was using 5027 until recently). Using Zoom Player for DVD and AVI playback. I've got mine to the point where I can play either DVD's or video files out the SPDIF, but if I play a DVD first, then switch to an AVI, I have to change the master clock from Xtal to SPDIF and back to Xtal to get sound. I think it's a bug (something to do with switching from 48Khz to 44.1Khz), but no one on the board seems to know about it (at least they haven't responded to my threads on the issue). Playing an AVI first, and then a DVD works fine.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using both ZP for DVD and video file playback, but I don't think it matters. The problem here is that its playing audio files via the analog output rather than the S/PDIF out, and I don't want that. I want everything out from my S/PDIF, it shouldn't be so hard.

Cliff, what do you think?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would like to output both the digital and analog out at the same time. I have read in the past where Cliff stated that it could be done, but I have not had any luck. Right now TT plays through the digital out but my Ape Jukebox only plays through the analog. This is on an XP machine.

Ed

·
Registered
15 Posts
You need to set the output of the delta control panel to be Mixer out; make sure the faders are up.

Ken

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where exactly do you mean? The Patchbay/Router?

Well, the "HW Out 1/2" is set to "WavOut 1/2" and the "H/W Out S/PDIF" is set to "WavOut S/PDIF".

This used to work, but now only DVDs and MP3s(I use Winamp with the ASIO plugin so it bypasses everyhing, which is why it works) work. Playing back wav files and video files will result in no sound, and the Monitor Mixer faders show no activity. I've tried every single other combination, but none of them worked.

If I change Winamp's output setting to DS out or WaveOut, I will get nothing, only the ASIO setting works.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Isn't anyone using an Audiophile 2496 to output everything via the S/PDIF out? I would think this is a pretty common setup...

Edit: I found out something interesting...

In the Delta Control Panel, I saved a couple of profiles for my TV tuner, DVD viewing and general PC usage. I originally thought that only the settings available on the control panel(radio switches, faders, checkboxes, etc) were saved. However, I noticed that my profile named "DVD" and "PC" was very similar, with only a few differences. However, on "DVD", both my Master and S/PDIF faders were getting signal, while on "PC", only the S/PDIF fader is getting signal. This is when I'm using ASIO output.

I manually changed the settings so that they are EXACTLY the same in the control panel, but still this happened. What else is the profile saving, and could this be why I'm not getting a signal with my audio files?

Another thing - when I switch to DS output from ASIO, when I start to play an mp3, the S/PDIF fader will show a blip of activity for a split second, then return to dormancy...why is that happening?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have the M-Audio 24/96 (with 031 Beta drivers) using TheaterTek and WinAmp on XP. I am using the SPDIF output for TT and WinAmp MP3's just fine with no ASIO used.

In the Delta Control Panel:

The Patchbay Router:

H/W Out 1/2 is set to Monitor Mixer (so I can also use the analog outputs

for my outdoor amp/speakers).

The H/W Out S/PDIF is set to Wave Out S/PDIF.

Monitor Mixer - Master volume - UnMuted and at Full.

WaveOut S/PDIF - Unmuted and at Full.

S/PDIF tab - set to Consumer.

Hardware Settings - Uncheck Reset Rate When Idle.

WinAmp Preferences - 'Output' setting set to "Direct Sound Out v2.26"

'Configuration' dialog says "M-Audio Delta AP S/PDIF."

Of course, Windows "Sounds and Audio Devices" control panel is set to "M-Audio Delta AP S/PDIF."

Good luck,

Carey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.