AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so .... very limited space on the desk. Using currently old Dell speakers with sub. Sound ehh, want to hear better quality. Don;t care about loud ... just want clarity. Will keep using my old standard sound card.

Bought Logitech Z2300 ... hated it.

At a similar price of around $150 .... which speakers produce better sound

M-Audio AV40

OR

Swan D1010MKII

thank you.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
For a similar price, i'd check out audioengine's A2. They are $200 for a set of them and IMO sound very good. I haven't heard the current maudio or swan stuff FWIW.

·
Registered
370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizmord /forum/post/19615346

OK, so .... very limited space on the desk. Using currently old Dell speakers with sub. Sound ehh, want to hear better quality. Don;t care about loud ... just want clarity. Will keep using my old standard sound card.

Bought Logitech Z2300 ... hated it.

At a similar price of around $150 .... which speakers produce better sound

M-Audio AV40

OR

Swan D1010MKII

thank you.

The Swan's have a good rep, but I have never heard them. However, I own the M-Audio AV40s and IMHO they rock!

I also have a pair of AV30's and would recommend the AV40's more as long as you have the little extra needed desk space. If not, the AV30's are a good, smaller alternative.

Keep the 40's at least 4-6" away from the wall to let the rear port breath.

Cheers,

XEagleDriver

·
Registered
750 Posts
The Harmon kardon soundstick ii is a great speaker that you can find directly from harmanaudio for ~$80 shipped on eBay- includes full warranty from them. they have a newer version, but hey are almost identical.

He Klipsch promediA 2.1 is also a good, clear choice at $150.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the M-Audio AV 40s and really like them. They are a little larger than most standard computer speakers but if you have the room they sound good. Good nearfield imagining and fairly good bass punch for small speakers. I have a DAC from my Dell studio laptop which improves the sound dramatically. Made my own 12" high speaker stands filled with sand for stability to get the right height for my ears. Got a great price about a year ago online. My son, who owns studio monitors (don't remember which ones) also said they sounded very good. I have not heard the Swans so I can't do a comparison there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts