AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to M-audio web site today to get some info.I went to there knowledge base and under Revo 7.1,theirs an entry named Revo 7.1 dvd player,dated Nov.27,2003.It says there working on a software dvd-a player.Anybody have an update to this.Looks promising!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am in the process of setting up my HTPC and I am at the point of ordering a sound card in the next couple of days. I am leaning heavy toward the Revo 7.1 due to the reviews here on the forum, but my setup is heavily designed toward the ability to play dvd-a.

Therefore this is a question that I am very interested in. It may be my desiding factor in which sound card I order. Either the Revo or SB Audigy 2zs Platinum.

What is the chances M-Audio, or even another software player being designed that does play dvd-a. Is M-Audio continuing working on a player? Maybe Cliff Watson could step in here and let us know? or at least give us a hint ;)

thanks

Clint

·
Registered
183 Posts
Unfortunately they have been saying the same thing since the Revo card was launched over a year ago :( still....heres hoping!

Steve

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Madders
Unfortunately they have been saying the same thing since the Revo card was launched over a year ago :( still....heres hoping!

Steve
That was just a date change on an old web page. M Audio is not working on a DVD-audio player or drivers either.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kalahaan
Hey is it not possible to play DVD audio with Windvd 5 ?

Cedric
Yes it is, but without a Creative Labs soundcard the HD audio is down converted to 16/48.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
For ~$175.00 you can get the Pioneer DV563 DVD-Audio & SACD player.

PCs will likely never be able to play these hi-rez audio formats at full resolution. Why? As Cliff has stated on several occasions, The RIAA and DVD-consortium groups dont want you to be able to play them on a PC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.