AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the long HTPC post including the recommended components in systems of varying grades. I currently have a SB Live MP3 w/ the Hoontech digital output adaptor. It seems that the M Audio card is said to sound better. I don't use the analog output at all. I feed the digital output directly into my surround processor.

Is it worth upgrading cards given the hookup is digital and not analog? Or is everyone saying that it will sound better regardless?

Thanks for all the help,

Brian

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hi Brian,

currently I am using three different cards in various set ups, i.e. SB Live, Terratec XFire and Delta Dio 2448. So far I have failed to detect any differences with respect to DD/DTS passthrough. However there were people reporting

differences that may be attributed to different jitter behaviour (esp. when you use the M-Audio Delta with a Lexicon preamp or so). In any case, the differences are very hard to detect and not as obvious as e.g. the improvement in video quality when you switch from 480p (PS-Player) to an HTPC http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

Cheers

Christoph

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.