Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there.

I just installed mandrake 9.1 and i can't get the revo to work with it. Any ideas on how to install it? In the install setup, it detected it as envy24 but in sndconfig in mandrake it says its not compatible???

Cheers.

Kenn.

·
Registered
888 Posts
You probably need a more recent version of ALSA in order to get it to work. You can probably start here:

www.alsa-project.org

There has been discussion of the revo in the developer's list over the last couple of weeks, so if you find the thread in there it should tell you if the latest patches are available via ftp/web or if you have to use CVS to get at them.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Yes, I would like to know too!!!.

Will I be able to use the Revo's crossover and bass management in Linux ?, otherwise, how can I enable the sub for stereo sources ?.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The bass management and speaker delay features of the revolution are a part of the Windows Driver, not the Revolution Hardware. This means that you won't be able to get any of the funky revolution features from a straight driver install under Linux.

ALSA does have a fairly powerful plugin system for adding effects to the sound though, so it might be possible to get similar results using some alsa plugins.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by k3nnis

I have no idea on how to install the driver, any ideas?:)
It depends on what distribution you are running. For example, under gentoo, it is simply a matter of typing

emerge alsa-driver

in as root. If you are running RedHat or Mandrake, the easiest thing to do would be to do a search for a recent .rpm

If you are feeling courageous, you could try downloading a tarball install, and reading the instructions that come with it.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Quote:
ALSA does have a fairly powerful plugin system for adding effects to the sound though, so it might be possible to get similar results using some alsa plugins.
What I need is to send the subwoofer channel (which I understand ALSA see it just as another sound card channel), a summed signal of the main left and right channels, and apply a low pass filter to it. I also need to apply a high pass filter to the main left and right channels. Is it possible with ALSA ?.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.