Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by thomaspf
Thanks Cliff!

I assume same specs?

Cheers

Thomas
Yes the same. I should add that the optical input is also a stereo analog input (dual function connector).

·
Registered
554 Posts
Cliff,

1. The Transit USB's analog input is a line / mike input, with a fairly decent THD claimed (particularly for a USB-bus-powered device). I would like to know how decent that mike preamp is in real-world terms (and also, if you could humor me, in "silly, non-audiophile, audible quality %" terms, where the perfect preamp is 100% and M-Audio DMP3 is, say, 85% and my laptop's built in mic-in is, say, 40%).

2. Same mike preamp quality question, for the FireWire 410 - specifically when FireWire-bus-powered.

3. Would like to know if it would be possible (from driver/interoperability standpoint) to capture, under WinXP Pro, concurrent multi-channel audio by connecting a Transit USB to my notebook's USB port and FireWire 410 to the FireWire port (and potentially using the notebook's own mike-in for 2 more non-essential channels in the field). The idea is to capture multiple audio tracks (2 of high quality as I presume FireWire 410 could deliver via its balanced mic inputs, then 2...8 (as necessary) less critical ones, first 2 from the USB Audio Duo, then 2 through camcorder's mike in, and then 2 through notebooks' built in mike in). Wonder if Syntrillium's CoolEdit Pro could capture all the notebook's tracks simultaneously. Could run miltiple instances of apps if necessary though.

Any comments / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alec

·
Registered
554 Posts
Allright, I've forwarded these questions to M-Audio today, per Cliff W's suggestion RE: my similar question on the FireWire 410 thread.

Let's see what M-Audio say, and how promptly they get back to me.

Alec

·
Registered
471 Posts
Any hope for a sonica with a decent headphone amp that can driver low-impedance headphones?

Allways been missing such a thing...

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pivot
Any hope for a sonica with a decent headphone amp that can driver low-impedance headphones?

Allways been missing such a thing...
Not likely because the USB can't supply the required current.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I was searching for some info on the Transit and found this thread. I am replacing my old desktop (including Audiophile 2496) with a new notebook PC. I have been using the desktop to record LPs and tapes to CDs and MP3s. I was looking for a way to continue this recording on my new notebook and still get decent sound quality. I doubt microphone input on the notebook will produce good results. Would the Transit be a good option for recording the analog stereo line out signal from the tape outputs on a receiver?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.