AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shopping for soundcard and want to get one of the M-Audio line to play with these drivers. As I have just gone to high end speakers and may soon either buy monoblocks or DiY some better power amps I am looking for the best sound quality...

So has anyone tested directly the 1010, 1010LT, and 410 ???

It is my understanding that the 1010 lacks individual gain controls per channel... Do the rest of the driver features still work ???

If I end up with monoblocks can I pipe my stereo TV signal into each of these cards and enable the on / off as dScaler starts (currently run and switched at my reciever) ?? as I need the TV / Etc switching to be automated or my GF wont stand for it...

Lastly I really would like to order via DC (especially as these drivers are Cliffs baby) but as I am in Europe shipping and taxes will make this expensive... Any sources at reasonable price in Europe (NL BEL GR is easy) ??

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the 410. I have a McCormack deluxe edition with a pair of Near 50's, I'll let you know if I get it.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"Lastly I really would like to order via DC (especially as these drivers are Cliffs baby) but as I am in Europe shipping and taxes will make this expensive... Any sources at reasonable price in Europe (NL BEL GR is easy) ??"

Turncoat. :D

Try the Midiman.de website for a dealer list.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey dont blame me that Europe's taxes are a PITA :) !!! OK I'll bite but make it a fast ship OK ???

So has no one tested a 1010 against a 410 for sound quality ??? I am thinking the safe thing is get a 410 and if I want to move up I suspect I would find a buyer (but I have thought that before :rolleyes: )...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.