AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,301 Posts
I just ordered a MyHD card from DC a few days ago, so this is great news! I just took a peek at the Titan TV site, so I assume that we will be able to schedule recordings on our MyTV cards by just clicking on the little buttons in the listings, right? Way cool!

BTW, since I also own a ADTV card, is there any way to watch recordings made on one card on the other card? Or can each card only play back recordings made on its own card?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh Heh

Bob,

the AccessDTV file format is "pseudo" encrypted. There are conversion utilities around that can remove the special formatting and make them readable by HiPix and MyHD cards. I shouldn't get more specific than that on this board.

Darryl

·
Registered
271 Posts
Is there another board where people will get more specific?

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
When this feature is implemented how will it work? Do you just hit the record key for the show on the Titan.com page and the info will be automatically posted to MyHD record schedule?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I am also curious how this will work (I have never seen the HiPix version).

Do you have to make the scheduling request from the machine with the MyHD card? I tried it on the titantv site, and it looked like it expected a handler app to take the schedule request.

When I heard about the feature, I thought that I would select the program on titantv, and it would store it in my record. Then, an app on the MyHD machine would periodically poll titantv and grab my recording choices.

This would be really handy to start a recording when working late or travelling. Or, even for scheduling from my laptop while at home, rather than the HTPC.

I guess I'll be installing VNC on the MyHD machine.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tji
I am also curious how this will work (I have never seen the HiPix version).

The Titan EPG info is sent as an XML file when you click on the little record icon. A program is then expected to parse the XML.

In the case of the Hipix, a program is registered to Windows (regserv32) which gets the XML file,parses it and stuffs the info ito the Registry.

The Hipix keeps it's recording info in the Registry.

One would assume that MYHD will add a COM object to it's application which would receive the XML, parse it and use the data to schedule a recording.

I haven't figured out WHERE the MYHD SW keeps the scheduled program info as I don't see it in the Registry.

Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.