Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am new to the home theater stuff. I have M&K S5000 LCR

SS150 rears and sides. I am unsure which M&K sub to buy the 150 350 or 5000 or two 150, my room is 17'x29'x7.5'. If I go with two subs do they have to be stack? And why not side by side? I have listened to the 350 and 5000 I do not hear any differences, even at high level they both sound great for music and movies to me.

Please help if you can.

The rest of my stuff is 2 Sunfire amps, Lexicon, sony dvd es, Caver tuner, small M&k sub 75.

Thanks for the Help

Dewboy3

·
Registered
200 Posts
Dewboy3

I have the same speakers with a single MX5000MkII sub in a similar size room.

The difference between the 350 and 5000 is sound pressure level. They will sound the same but the 5000 will play louder in your space.

My suggestion is one 5000. Two subs are more difficult to place and blend than one.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I agree, go with the 5000.

You can't have too much woofage.

Multiple enclosures can be positioned in a nearly infinite number of ways. THe closer together you position them(either stacked or next to one another) the more the act as a single large subwoofer(instead of two seperate units). Adding a second unit will give you a 6dB increase.(if placed near the first.) If you put the second in an adjacent corner...it might only add 3.5 to 4.5dB of headroom).

TV

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've got two 350's and a 5410 (aka-MX5000) in my system which is massive overkill -- but what the hell! Go for the 5000 and move it around the room until you find the sweet spot (or go into traction). It's a wonderful sub when placed properly and is an extremely well balanced match when used with the M&K monitors. My 350's are side by side running the LCR and LFE bass information and the 5000 is in the back of the room running surround bass information. The best balance I was able to find with the two 350's was placing them next to eachother with one firing into the room and one into the wall. Good luck.

MIKE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.