AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,683 Posts
It's in HD, must be a local issue.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I spoke with master control at KTRK and they said they are having a PSIP problem. It seems to only affect people with certain STBs. Unfortunately Samsung Sir-T151 is one of them. He said I am SOL til tomorrow, when they expect it to be fixed.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
I have a Sony HD-200 for my downstairs system and an RCA DTC-100 for my upstairs system. No picture, no sound, but a strong signal strength reading on the HD-200. Great picture, sound, and signal strength on the DTC-100. Maybe the "certain STBs" which are affected are those which use the Advanced Program Guide (APG).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need a new box. Never have been 100% happy with the sammy 151. At least it's a sorry game we're missing. Trey, I would greatly appreciate you sharing the phone # for the station's control.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You know even if you had your box issues worked out you would still not get the end of the game in HD as KTRK converts to SD at about 10:30 every Mon. night. Does anyone know why they never show the complete game in HD?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Nothing in Spring either on my TS-160. Switched to the sat and watched about 15 seconds before switching to CBS. If anybody could post a list of our local stations phone numbers, and we call when we have problems, I think we could get a little respect out there. Last nights game sucked , but what if it had been our POWERHOUSE TEXANS !! ??

·
Registered
82 Posts
I went to the KTRK website and found the main number (713) 666-0713. A machine picked up and asked me to hit # 0 to report breaking news (or something like that). Some guy picked up and I asked to speak to Engineering. Engineering picked up and I reported my problem. The guy knew about it, told me there was nothing I could do about it and it was their fault (after confirming that I was tuning in via Samsung).

Although I wish I knew the direct lines to engineering in these stations, I don't. Normally if you pretend you know what you are doing and ask to speak to Engineering or Master Control you can get through....but I have had very bad luck admitting what I want to talk about before asking for Engineering.

Also, although I certainly would admit that the T151 has some unique "features", the guy at the station definitely said the problem was on their side and I wouldn't run out and buy a new STB solely based on this incident.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.