AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Story time. On a Monday morning back in Nov. 2013, I received an email stating I won this projector in a contest that I didn't realize I had even entered. The interesting part is that the Sunday immediately prior to that, there was an item in the bulletin stating a need the church had: new projectors. Since this was too much of a coincidence to me, I decided to donate the projector. Unfortunately, it's a bit overkill for PowerPoint slides (not to mention the problem of trying to figure out how to hang it 20' off the ground), so instead I'm attempting to sell the projector and just donate all the cash so the church can buy new projectors.

It is refurbished, but you wouldn't know it from looking at it--the carbon fiber-looking top (maybe it's real?) is a nice touch. I have all the cables, remotes and manuals that came with it and I was told by Digital Solutions that the 3-year warranty is tied to the serial number (read: it will transfer). Also, the lens is a 1.65-1.86 zoom lens.

I know I'm asking probably a bit more than what it's worth, but I was hoping a kind soul would see the need and realize the money is going to a good cause (I'm not keeping a cent). And yes, I realize I'm throwing myself on the mercy and kindness of internet strangers. Btw, if you live in the Orlando, FL area, I'd be happy to invite you one Sunday so you can see that I'm legit and so you can see where your money will be spent. :)

***Updated***

I posted this from work, and I was wrong about the lens. It's actually a zoom lens (details above). I also posted a picture and reduced the price since I've been informed by several people that I'm asking too much. Sorry for not replying to everyone sooner. Right after I posted this, I went on work travel for a few weeks, then life got crazy...blah blah blah...you get the picture. Anyway, I'm back now and am still interested in selling this (not trading though, sorry). Make me an offer!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Okay, story time back
. I'm in Orlando too. I have a Viewsonic Pro9000 1080p LED projector that's only a few months old. Trouble is, I have a fixed mounting position and need lens shift. My projector is only 9 and a half pounds - so it would be much easier to get up to your 20 foot height and with 20,000 rated hours it would also be 'set and forget.' it is also 1600 lumens. Interested in a trade plus cash?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I'm back! So sorry for not replying to people sooner. I updated the description and reduced the price to something a bit more reasonable I think, based on the comments I've received. I'm not interested in trading for another projector though, sorry. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts