AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for almost a year for an M1 female to HDMI male connector. Monoprice is the only one that lists this adapter, but has been out of stock since last February (yes, 11 months
). There are reams of M1 male to HDMI female connectors, but none that go from M1 female to HDMI male.

Where can I source such a connector? It seems like I can't possibly be the only one with this problem.

(For those who are curious, I got into this situation because when I wired my home theater, I had an M1 projector [Infocus]. I needed to project DVI from my HTPC, so I simply wired a 30' cable that had DVI on one end, and M1 on the other. Now I have a Sanyo Z4, which is an HDMI projector, and I'd still like my PC output to get there. The easiest way for me to do this is to get an M1 female to HDMI male connector.)

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HDMI indeed has only one type of connector, but it does come in male and female flavors...

I'm trying to find an adapter that will accept an M1 male (which is how my DVI output from my HTPC currently gets to the projector) and translate into an HDMI male (so that I can connect into my Z4).

To a previous poster's point: I've not been able to find an M1 female -> HDMI female connector either -- I've only found M1 male connectors (which I can't use). It's odd how amazingly few adapters have an M1 female input... in fact, the only ones that I've seen are M1 female -> VGA or M1 female -> component. Weird.

Does anybody have ideas how to do this? Or am I essentially out of luck?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still no luck. I've had several people mention to me that they're in the same boat.

Tip for folks who've not begun: run HDMI cables. Convert to M1 if you have to, but don't use a cable that converts for you -- otherwise you're stuck.

If anyone has found an M1 Female -> HDMI Male connector, please let us all know.

· Registered
1 Posts
FiveCar,

This is how I am doing the M1 Female to HDMI Male:

I am using a DVIMPDF cable from Pacific Custom

and then a DVI Female to HDMI male adapter (HDMIM-DVIDF) from Network Techinc

(sorry I would have posted the URLs but the forum blocked me)

I have that on order now.

Also, where did you find the M1 Female to component adapter?

Thanks

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, dark4night. I never did find a solution. Ended up running a separate dedicated HDMI cable, which is what I probably should have done the very first time around. Had to tear up a little drywall to do it. But all's well now.

dark4night: I never had an M1 -> component converter... sorry that post misled you. I basically had two things running to the projector: one DVI/M1, and one component cable.

Thanks, everyone. Moral of the story is, as they say, run all the cables you could possibly need, or at least put in conduit.

· Registered
1 Posts
Thanks dark4Night! Your suggestion saved me from ripping up the ceiling (again).

One problem though to be aware of is that I had an Infocus M1 -> DVI cable. Even though the Pacific Custom cable had the correct pinout, the size of the connector was the same size as the Infocus cable so I couldn't connect them at first. I had to cut one side of the metal that surrounds the pins on the Infocus portion and also open up the connector using pliers. It's not pretty but it works. The cable is still held securely in place by the thumb screws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.