AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoa - I was about to buy an M8000 and I noticed that its minimum scan rate is 30 khz? I will not have my HTPC built for a while, so it it true that I can't run it directly off my DVD? Someone say It aint so. I will accept lies too.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
I run my Panasonic DVD player to my M8000 through a line doubler without a problem. I've never tried running it directly to the M8000 bypassing the line doubler...

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Colin,

What outputs were you going to use from your DVD player? S-VHS or Component. If Component, is it interlaced or progressive?

If equipped with the NTSC decoder, the M8000 will except S-VHS or Composite video, otherwise it only accepts RGBHV input.

The RGBHV input will accept output from line doublers, scalers to HTPC's and HDTV for a much more pleasing picture than just the NTSC input.

Batman, -You got that baby tweaked yet?

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

The M8000 was introduced by Electrohome in the fall of 1992; only the earliest units had the 30khz floor for h scan. Electrohome engineers had intended to offer a video card with a doubler built in, but it never saw production; a redesigned horizontal section was introduced soon after, with 15-130khz range. Some early units may have been upgraded with this newer board.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark - It is a lowly interlaced DVD player.

Tim - Do you have any specifics as to what date they all started handling NTSC. Or at which Serial Number it changed.

Thanks all. I'm going to be posting a new request for help for choosing a new PJ so if you have time please take a look and give me any ideas.

Colin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.