AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the setup, using the help menus it says to loosen 4 bolt B's and 2 bolt A's or vice versa. Is this an error? I can only find 2 of each.

The A's are just above the green gun and the 2 b's just above the red gun. Then I believe 2 c's above the blue gun.

It says to move them to adjust the side of the grid to the green, it's almost dead on so I'm not worried but what's going on here.

ALSO, I just mounted my projector have it DEAD centre with the room then put the screen DEAD centre. YET for some reason it's not centre, I'm ALL the way to the left with my phase and it's still off by about 6 inches from the end on the left and over a little on the right. I don't get it, what could be wrong here? I can move the phase WAY over on the right and I can move the crosshairs on the phosphor in setup to the right but I can't move it left anymore that's all.

Also I did remove the lense, I'm pretty sure I put the blue on the blue and the red back on the red, if I mixed them up, what kind of problems would I see, could this be the problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Marquee 8000 lenses aren't color corrected, it doesn't matter which goes where. There should be four silver colored bolt heads on the top piece that the built in remote is attatched to. Loosen those four silver colored bolts, Then, when you want to swing the red gun side to side to get the red to overlap the green, loosen the two black allen head bolts that hold the red gun in place, do the same for the blue tube.

Is your pj also exactly perpendicular to the screen ? If its not, it will put the center of the projected image somewhere other than the center of the screen.

Do a "Reset Everything" before you begin your setup. Follow all the steps in the detailed setup help. You should be centering your rasters before you do toe-in (if I remember correctly) and the detailed setup should guide you through all these issues so you have the image centered properly.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll look again for the 4 bolts, there are 2 there are also 2 that are covered with a red cap, but I thought that was because you aren't suppose to move those, I'll look again.

I did a reset everything, and such, the odd thing is everything is straight and perpendicular and all, I was going to check the screen see if I can tilt it sideways since it is easier to move than the projector. This may solve my problem. The projector is straight according to the walls, maybe the walls aren't!

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I'm going to be in your neck of the woods on Monday afternoon if you'd like another opinion/help ? Email me if you'd like.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

The missing bolts are towards the outside of the aluminum header plate and are obscured by the cabinet; you'll need a flat 7/16" wrench for those. Part of the correct mounting procedure would be a complete reset; if the rasters come up centered on each tube then fine; if not, apply static convergenvce correction as needed. If they are way off center then the yoke magnets need realignment, this is best done by an experienced technician. With green centered on the tube face you now can pivot the entire projector until green is centered on the screen; then do your red/blue toe-in and finish with the usual focus and convergence.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Tim : Very good call on the bolts being obscured by the side pods ! I never keep the sides on long enough to know that, but remember vaguely one time wondering where the bolts had disappeared to when I had the sides on and wanted to do a quick setup.

BTW: If anyone is going to put one of these in a hush box, they seem to be a lot narrower when the sides are off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.