AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

First, sorry about some mistakes in the language (my english is poor).

I am from india and need to take the first HT in my life.

After a two months of searching here in india (some times i traveled to

anther city) to found any dealer ,distributer , store to buy what i need but

nothing to found.

So after that i focus on the internet to found the best speakers to my

budget and search about the good companies available and found good

choices.

My budget for fronts R/L is 3200$ and there is speakers need to choose one

of them.

1-Monitor audio GX300

2-KEF R900

3-Aperion Verus Grand Towers

4-Ascends Acoustics Seirra towers with raal.

5-Klipsch RF-7

I hop to help me because in fact i can't do anything without your help

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
My pick would be the KEF speakers.

They have excellent sound quality.

You are also dealing with a company that has been in business for 50 years and supports their products with good service and replacement parts availability.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan sheft 57  /t/1468075/ma-gx-kef-r-seirra-towers-aperion-vgt#post_23198934

Monitor Audio GX300 also build with a Raal.

Their site says ribbon transducer design but dosen't specify RAAL....RAAL is a patented design...I believe....MA makes nice stuff..fwiw.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvetan1  /t/1468075/ma-gx-kef-r-seirra-towers-aperion-vgt#post_23199921

Negative. The GX300 uses a, C-CAM H.F ribbon transducer, not a RAAL ribbon. Here is a direct link to their website w/ specs FYI:

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/gold-gx/gx300/#/specification

Yup...it's fully proprietary... so MA has exclusive rights...I'd still put my money on the RAAL but of course how its all implemented is key to any & all speaker designs. I suspect those MA gx300 would sound awesome.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
The R900s would be an excellent choice. The only ones on your list I have heard are the Aperion VGT and while they are good they are not in the R900 league.

·
Registered
354 Posts
"What are the prices for the Monitor Audio GX300 and Kef R900 in India?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan sheft 57  /t/1468075/ma-gx-kef-r-seirra-towers-aperion-vgt#post_23199333

I hop to find these speakers here in india.
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan sheft 57  /t/1468075/ma-gx-kef-r-seirra-towers-aperion-vgt#post_23200337

I think a feel some good to KEF R900......what about you friends.

???

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I've auditioned most of the speakers you listed. I haven't heard the Monitor GX300, and the Sierra Towers I heard had the NrT tweeters in them, but if I were choosing for myself off the list you gave, I'd go with the R900's. They had the smoothest. most natural sound of the speakers you listed that I listened too, a healthy amount of bass capability, and great imaging.

Just my .02

·
Registered
2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan sheft 57  /t/1468075/ma-gx-kef-r-seirra-towers-aperion-vgt#post_23200902

Clear...

What the excellent Power amplifier to drive them.need it a very good to see the completely power of the speakers.
Two channel or will you eventually go to 5.x or higher? Parasound is the best sound at its cost point. ATI would be good if in US.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
So his budget is $4-5k in US$? I'm guessing since the R900 and GX300 both retail around $4500. I've heard the R700 and they were great. I'm assuming the R900 sounds just as good, but plays lower.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman  /t/1468075/ma-gx-kef-r-seirra-towers-aperion-vgt#post_23201051

So his budget is $4-5k in US$? I'm guessing since the R900 and GX300 both retail around $4500. I've heard the R700 and they were great. I'm assuming the R900 sounds just as good, but plays lower.

That's why i asked him about the prices in India, his answer: "I hop to find these speakers here in india"

1 - 20 of 34 Posts