AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here are the subs I have available to buy. Which would you choose and why that one and not one of the others?

Monitor Audio RS W-12 - $400 + $60 - PDF

Velodyne DLS 5000R - $475 + $60 - PDF

JBL HT PS300 - $500 + $60 - Sub Comparison Chart

Those numbers are cost of sub plus gas money to drive and get them. I never had a decent sub before, and have a pioneer vr-615 with a passive sub, being replaced with a Yamaha HTR-6250, 3 Energy Take FPS for mains + center, and one of the above subs. I am pretty set on the Monitor Audio RS w12. (Within budget and seems like good bang for buck). Would like to hear other opinions. Thanks!!

·
Registered
8,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper_1 /forum/post/18300778

So here are the subs I have available to buy. Which would you choose and why that one and not one of the others?

Monitor Audio RS W-12 - $400 + $60 - PDF

Velodyne DLS 5000R - $475 + $60 - PDF

JBL HT PS300 - $500 + $60 - Sub Comparison Chart

Those numbers are cost of sub plus gas money to drive and get them. I never had a decent sub before, and have a pioneer vr-615 with a passive sub, being replaced with a Yamaha HTR-6250, 3 Energy Take FPS for mains + center, and one of the above subs. I am pretty set on the Monitor Audio RS w12. (Within budget and seems like good bang for buck). Would like to hear other opinions. Thanks!!

I would try to listen to the Velodyne before buying any of them.

This reviewer liked the sound a lot:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/spe...nd-page11.html

I also like the remote control. Once you get used to remote, you should like it a lot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts