AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is driving me nuts. I've got a Macbook Pro connected to a new Panasonic TC-L32E3 via a DVI to HDMI adapter and into one of the HDMI ports. When I select the 1080p resolution setting on the mac, it either doesn't fill the screen (and looks like crap) or if I select overscan it overfills the screen and looks less like crap (but not like it should).

What's going on? Isn't this a true 1920x1080 panel? I can't figure out why I can't feed it 1920x1080 and get a pixel perfect display. I also can't imagine why there would be an overscan option on a digital output.

I also tried the VGA input on the panel. With that the Mac has no 1920x1080 option and can't display anything larger than 1024x768. I tried SwitchresX and the other similar app. No help.

Any ideas? There's nothing relevant in the menus. Is there a service menu for this panel that would allow me tweak things?

If it won't work with this panel, what manufacturer's panels work nice with a Mac for 1:1 pixel output?

·
Registered
18,453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixwhit /forum/post/20729707

This is driving me nuts. I've got a Macbook Pro connected to a new Panasonic TC-L32E3 via a DVI to HDMI adapter and into one of the HDMI ports. When I select the 1080p resolution setting on the mac, it either doesn't fill the screen (and looks like crap) or if I select overscan it overfills the screen and looks less like crap (but not like it should).

What's going on? Isn't this a true 1920x1080 panel? I can't figure out why I can't feed it 1920x1080 and get a pixel perfect display. I also can't imagine why there would be an overscan option on a digital output.

I also tried the VGA input on the panel. With that the Mac has no 1920x1080 option and can't display anything larger than 1024x768. I tried SwitchresX and the other similar app. No help.

Any ideas? There's nothing relevant in the menus. Is there a service menu for this panel that would allow me tweak things?

If it won't work with this panel, what manufacturer's panels work nice with a Mac for 1:1 pixel output?

We have a MBP and have no problem on our LG. Try the mini-HDMI -> HDMI adapter that is available for the MBP. We never have to change the resolution because it looks just fine (depending on the source).

·
Registered
18,453 Posts
Topr has a good point, and it could be that your older MBP is limited to what it can output to a newer display. You probably don't have the HD card so your output resolutions are limited. You'll need to match what the Mac has to what the tv can display, period.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts