AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mac Mini is crushing black, and the brightness control on the TV is set correctly and verified with my VP403 PLUGE pattern and a test disc played through the BluRay player. When I run the calibration wizard on the Mac Mini, one of the first adjustments is for brightness, but there is no slider to adjust the brightness. There are sliders on the other pages for gamma and white point. Maybe there is a setting somewhere in the Mac Mini for video vs. PC levels or an HDMI black level control (low or high)? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoostil /forum/post/18292037

The Mac Mini is crushing black, and the brightness control on the TV is set correctly and verified with my VP403 PLUGE pattern and a test disc played through the BluRay player. When I run the calibration wizard on the Mac Mini, one of the first adjustments is for brightness, but there is no slider to adjust the brightness. There are sliders on the other pages for gamma and white point. Maybe there is a setting somewhere in the Mac Mini for video vs. PC levels or an HDMI black level control (low or high)? Thanks guys!

Does anyone have an idea or know the answer to this?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that the thread was bumped and got excited until I realized who it was!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Haha, sorry about that!

On another forum, someone suggested a program called "Shades", which I downloaded and installed and I think we may have a winner. It basically gives a 3rd party slider function for the Mac Mini's brightness control which we were lacking and it seems to go in very small increments. Maybe when your in my neck of the woods, you could stop by and we could just double check against your CD? If its all good, I can setup a service call.

BTW, did your buddy with the mini and pio ever tell you anymore?

Let me know what you think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts