AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All in one: ripper (with included SuperDrive), NAS, CD collection storage. Fully upgraded hardware with SSD, 8GB RAM, and lightning fast Intel i5 2.5GHz processor. Highly-desired late 2012 model with optical out and low jitter. Optimized OS for sound quality. A turn-key solution for your digital audio collection. Rip, store, access via network and airplay, even control by included Apple remote! Don't be fooled by models not including the SuperDrive!

Built by a highly respected Agon computer audio savant. Never used!

I am a 100% feedback seller in eBay and Audiogon and you can buy with confidence.

FEATURES

The following features will let this unit outperform stock Mac Mini by a large margin. The reasons are well documented in the Internet.

Two internal hard drives:
Existing conventional drive (500G) to store music and an SSD (90G solid state) to run OS and programs.

OS
An older version of OS X called Mavericks optimized for SQ

Audirvana Plus Audiophile Player
This was a winner in a software music player shootout, again configured for optimal SQ.

2) EXPANDED RAM: 8 GB instead of the usual 4 GB.

3) AUDIRVANA PLUS MUSIC PLAYER: The winner of a software music player shootout by 6Moon Review

4) OPERATION SYSTEM OPTIMIZATION
All background OS processes not required for music reproduction have been turned off.

$950 shipped from 07747. Please see my other ads for an incredible 6-channel EAD amp and BNIB JL Audio F112 sub.

·
Registered
241 Posts
This is great...great thread to start...I use a Mac mini to hold all my ripped Music files.... I send the Async files through my Oppo 105 DAC and then on to through Pure Music to my Pre/Pro.......

Mine is a late 2012 unit with 16 MB of RAM i7 2.6Ghz Quadcore and 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD. I recently added the 1TB SSD and my unit ....boots in under 8 seconds....smokin fast...who needs anything faster....

For Headphone listening I send the Async files to my Oppo HA1 DAC/Amp....love the combo since the Oppo has 45-60 minutes to warm up...

I hope to learn a bunch for the posts here:p

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
This is great...great thread to start...I use a Mac mini to hold all my ripped Music files.... I send the Async files through my Oppo 105 DAC and then on to through Pure Music to my Pre/Pro.......

Mine is a late 2012 unit with 16 MB of RAM i7 2.6Ghz Quadcore and 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD. I recently added the 1TB SSD and my unit ....boots in under 8 seconds....smokin fast...who needs anything faster....

For Headphone listening I send the Async files to my Oppo HA1 DAC/Amp....love the combo since the Oppo has 45-60 minutes to warm up...

I hope to learn a bunch for the posts here:p
This is a for sale thread though :)

Reactions: GusGus748s
1 - 3 of 3 Posts