AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I eventually want to get a blu ray player. I already have HD DVD. I am not buying movies and am waiting the format war out. I just rent em on netflix. I would like a mac mini with blu ray. It is small, it has dvi out, it has media capablities and much more. Anyone hear of any rumors about one. Or will it ruin ITV sales. (which I think is very weak). I guess my 2nd choice is a ps3.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwarper /forum/post/0

I eventually want to get a blu ray player. I already have HD DVD. I am not buying movies and am waiting the format war out. I just rent em on netflix. I would like a mac mini with blu ray. It is small, it has dvi out, it has media capablities and much more. Anyone hear of any rumors about one. Or will it ruin ITV sales. (which I think is very weak). I guess my 2nd choice is a ps3.

The Apple rumour sites are full of suggestions that Apple may be about to quietly ditch the Mac Mini line entirely.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I wish they would have a Mini with a different form factor, more upgradability, and better video. The 2.5" drive and integrated Intel graphics are showstoppers for me. I don't want an iMac since the hard drive is extremely difficult to upgrade, and the Mac Pro is expensive and overkill.

I want a Pro-ish tower with a Core2 Extreme or Core 2 Quad chip in the $1500 range.

·
Registered
258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeATL /forum/post/0

and the Mac Pro is expensive and overkill.

I want a Pro-ish tower with a Core2 Extreme or Core 2 Quad chip in the $1500 range.

I just love my MacPro Intel machine. Quiet and fast and just fabulous in every way. And running Windows in Bootcamp or Parallels is a major plus.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwarper /forum/post/0

That would be sad. It would be a perfect media player if it had blu ray.

AIUI it would need a processor and graphics boost, as well as an HDCP compliant graphics output system to do this...

ISTR that the Apple TV has a better graphics output system than the current MacMini (though a weedier processor)

(Apple missed a trick with the Apple TV. The quality of 720/24p material it supports seems to be really, really, really low. If they'd allowed it do 1080/60i H264 and MPEG2 - as well as 1080/50i and 1080/24p - with decent de-interlacing and HDMI+HDCP output it could have been great)

·
Registered
13,306 Posts
Not to mention support for HD audio...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Now that the smoke is finally clearing on the format war, I would like to see apple create the following:

Create a MacMini with a Bluray drive, bump up the video card/memory/hard drive and add HDMI out. Rename it Apple TV + and sell it as a HTPC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.