AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've new to this forum, as I tend to spend my time over in the digital projectors forum. I'm putting together a home theatre (most likely a dlp), and having read some of the posts, I'm now interested in going for an HTPC based upon the processing benefits for DVD.

As I'm about to buy a new computer this week, I was wondering about other people's experience ( problems and/or benefits) of buying a pc (with windows xp) as opposed to a mac (with os10) for purposes of a HTPC (e.g. performance, ease of use, etc.)

Palladin

No matter where you go, there you are

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott,

You were right, of course. I needed to make my decision by tomorrow morning, and I guess I jumped the gun. As a senior member who's familiar with this forum, I wonder if you could answer two quick questions.

1) I know something about computers, but would not describe myself as computer literate. Am I getting in over my head and be better off with an outboard processor? I thought this would mostly consist of tweaking once for the optimum results of my set-up, but some of the posts in the thread you directed me to seem to suggest that tweaking is a consistently ongoing process?

2) I'm getting a pc w/ a 3.0 gb cpu, 1 gb memory and a Radeon 9700 pro. Are there any comprehensive threads discussing the necessary additional hardware/software and/or the methodology of tweaking.

Thanks,

Palladin

No matter where you go, there you are

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.