AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For once. forget about video and audio quality because this disc is not high on the list regarding those items. However, for sheer drama, exemplary acting, set amidst a historical background, and based on one of America's finest albeit one of our most controversial warriors, this is a darn good dvd.

Greg Peck, as we are all aware, has done some creditable performances in his career, as his Academy Awards attest to, caught MacArthur's persona to perfection.

The true story of the General is much too lengthy to capture in the two plus hours if any of you has read AMERICAN CAESER. However they do a fine job of taking you from Corregidor in WWII on up to his firing by Truman for insubordination, and his memorable "Old Soldiers never die" speech before Congress just before he retired. They don't give you his speech in its entirety but listen to what they give you in respect to Sept 11 and our predicament today.

His final speech at West Point will stir you no end.

I loved this movie even with all of its video(1.85:1 enhanced) and audio (dd 2.0 only) flaws. If you are into history and want a well done movie about a true American warrior, try this. Ernie Smith

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Thanks for the reminder, this is on my wish list...I just wish I could afford everything on this damn list!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
"If you are into history and want a well done movie about a true American warrior, try this. Ernie Smith"

I agree---this is a fine historically based film. Well worth watching and/or owning.

Happy home theater-ing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.