AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching through some of the other threads and can't seem to find what I am looking for. I recently got a new MacBook and a new Samsung 46 LCD (4661) and am having a hard time getting the screen resolution just right. I have tried the apps where you can tweak your display but the one I found that works the best is only 1152x720 stretched. Is there any way to get a higher resolution on the lcd? I tried 1920x1080 but it cuts off too much with overscan on and has huge black bars when its off.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Check your Samsung manual for information about adjusting screen size. There is a setting called "Just Scan" that eliminates overscan and gets rid of the borders.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I check the manual and it says to use just scan. It also recommends that I use the DVI port. Would this help with the problem? I tried all the DVI ports and using just scan and I still get black bars.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhurianek /forum/post/13017407

I check the manual and it says to use just scan. It also recommends that I use the DVI port. Would this help with the problem? I tried all the DVI ports and using just scan and I still get black bars.

Use "Just Scan", DVI/HDMI & check "overscan" in the Mac's display control panel & make sure you have selected the correct 1920x1080 resolution from the available list -- there may be more than one -- one being 1080i, the other 1080P -- you want 1080P.

At any rate it worked between a MacMini an a Samsung 4065 (which is essentially the same set), so it should work for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts