AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize, because im sure this has come up before. I tried looking for answers everywhere i can, i think i just don't know where to look.

I have a MBP 17" from earlier this year, the computer is only about 6 months old. I bought the Mini-display port adapter to HDMI to plug it into my new Samsung ln52650.

I have been having hell trying to get it to get the video signal from my Mac. i well aware that i will not get audio, but im ok with that. I have tried moving through all the hdmi ports, turning off and on the mac and tv in different orders. I have seen it work twice, but never consistantly. When i switch to the appropriate display port, the mac will flash a blue screen, sit for about 3 secs and then flash a blue screen again. I am not a experience mac user, i just made the switch and love it to death. Any type of troubleshooting steps that anyone can provide will be extremely helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I plug my MBP into my Samsung it flashes and then displays my computer screen. Although I am connected through DVI to HDMI cable. I know this is not much help for you. If you go into the settings for the display on the mac choose mirror and see if this brings up the TV. Also once you are in the settings you will also be able to see if the mac recognizes the TV as a display. Since the Mac only puts out a digital signal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts