AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been having trouble figuring out how to get full screen 1080p out of the MBP. I can use 1920 X 1080, but it still has side borders on the screen when overscanned. If you have any suggestions or experience with these components, please shed some light on this issue. --I have switchresx and displayconfigx--

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan /forum/post/0

Hello,

I have been having trouble figuring out how to get full screen 1080p out of the MBP. I can use 1920 X 1080, but it still has side borders on the screen when overscanned. If you have any suggestions or experience with these components, please shed some light on this issue. --I have switchresx and displayconfigx--

Thanks in advance!

I'm a Mets fan and you guys took Zito away from us. But I'll still try to help.

On the Mac, try messing with the Overscan button. On the Sony, is there a setting that defeats the overscan? On my Sharp LCD, there's a setting called dot-by-dot. Is there something similar on the XBR2?

There are many people who have gotten their Macs to work perfectly with their XBR2/3 and V2500's. Don't despair.

Also, are you connecting via HDMI or VGA? I assume HDMI since I would beleive that VGA wouldn't have any overscan issue at all.

ft

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan /forum/post/0

I have solved the problem.

What did you do to solve the problem? I won't be of use to me, but maybe there are others with a similar set-up to you and are experiencing the same issue.

Just post your solution for prosterity.

ft

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.