AVS Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
I dropped the show when George left it. He brought a lot of humor and physicality to the action moments, something his replacement didn't (and the sappy romance they inserted didn't help it either).

·
Registered
20,134 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Alexandra Gray Joins ‘MacGyver’ In Recurring Role

·
Administrator
20,477 Posts
This show is so dumb but I like watching it.
It's a lot like Scorpion in that it's completely implausible and hokey but still better than a lot of shows that try much harder.

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
It's a lot like Scorpion in that it's completely implausible and hokey but still better than a lot of shows that try much harder.
I still watch it, not immediately or release day but within a few days. Don't know what it is but I really enjoy this show still. The characters are great (some are REALLY nice to look at), the chemistry is great, just an enjoyable ride (but unbelievable in the stuff he does, but who cares, it is not like I am watching a how to show).

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
CBS Studios Slams “Fatally Flawed” Lawsuit Over ‘MacGyver’: “Remakes Are Not Spinoffs”
By Erik Pedersen

More than two years after CBS Studios was sued over the current MacGyver series, the company has hit back, claiming that the case “suffers from fatal, incurable deficiencies.”

Back in December 2018, Hanzer Holdings and Arlita Inc. filed a lawsuit claiming that CBS’ update of the drama series entitled them to payments based on a deal dating from the original series. Both plaintiffs are described as “successors in interest” to Major Talent Agency, the packaging agent for the original 1985-92 MacGyver series that was exec produced by Henry Winkler and John Rich.

According to the original suit, MTA was a third-party beneficiary of the 1984 deal with CBS Studios’ predecessor in interest, Paramount Television, that spawned the series. That pact included a “package commission” agreement between MTA and Paramount that the suit says covered “each series produced under the 1984 Agreement.”

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
‘MacGyver’ To End After Season 5
MacGyver‘s five-season run will conclude with a series finale, which will air Friday, April 30, in the show’s regular 8 PM time slot.

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
MacGyver’ Stars Lucas Till And Justin Hires Bid Fond Farewell To Series
By Bruce Haring

Today’s announcement that the CBS crime drama reboot of MacGyver was closing out its run at the end of the month left fans and cast members with mixed emotions. Topping the list were series star Lucas Till and Justin Hires, who put out “thank-you” posts to capture their feelings in the moment.

Till left his message on Instagram, including Nellie Andreeva’s Deadline clip that broke the story of the series end.

“Where to begin? The past five years have been what I will look on later as THE most formative years of my life,” Till posted. “Lots of tough, lots of love. I made life long friends, actually no, family. I learned to push myself to new limits, breaking through and through and through. Was nervous to take up the mantle of an icon and you guys allowed me into your homes and accepted me. I’m like the Roger Moore of MacGyvers now thanks to your support. Lol.”
He went on to thank his coworkers.

“But this is also a love letter to my cast and crew, to those who have been with us since day 1 or day 1000, through those oppressive summer days in the Georgia heat, where the humidity envelopes you like a warm sweater to the below freezing winter days where the worst part about it is that no one believes you when you say it gets cold in Georgia. Lol. Through all the people who said we wouldn’t make it past the first 13, through all the tough times you guys always somehow brought so much joy into my life, helped me grow exponentially and you’ve shown me what it means to be a real cinema team. This format just doesn’t do enough justice for all that I want to say, so maybe this is the first of many blubbering messages, but thank you, my new family, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. All of you.”

·
Registered
408 Posts
When George Eads left and the show began focusing on the romance between Mac and Jack's female replacement, the show went downhill fast and I gave up on it. This announcement does not sadden me (though, of course, one never wishes anyone to lose a job).

·
Administrator
20,477 Posts
When George Eads left and the show began focusing on the romance between Mac and Jack's female replacement, the show went downhill fast and I gave up on it. This announcement does not sadden me (though, of course, one never wishes anyone to lose a job).
Yeah there's now too much interpersonal love triangle drama. It's better as a buddy show. It's similar to what went wrong with Scorpion.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
One could also say that dangling a network cable out of an airplane to connect a laptop is what went so, so right with Scorpion, if you're looking for a fun diversion where you get to shut your brain off. :p I tried watching MacGyver a few times in season 1, and it felt like a more boring version of Scorpion with a less interesting set of characters, so I gave up. Scorpion was great, stupid fun, but not everybody is looking for that.

·
Administrator
20,477 Posts
Sometimes these mindless shows are a nice break from the stuff you don’t dare look away from for fear of missing an important detail.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts