AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Directed by Marc Forster, and starring Gerard Butler, Michelle Monaghan, Michael Shannon, and Madeline Carroll.

The story of Sam Childers, a former drug-dealing biker tough guy who found God and became a crusader for hundreds of Sudanese children who've been forced to become soldiers.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Ok well I was able to get my hands on the one only copy at the local BB and it was def worth a rental and miles more entertaining then John CaCa. But because of the subject matter being based on a real true story Hotel Lwanda Rambo it's not the most upbeat or happy movie. Gerald butler is good and becoming a legit leading guy and the film had a solid foundation plot/story but I found myself being bummed out thinking about the world's plights and problems. And the lead character was quite dark and mean SOB at times even though he was a 'preacher".

·
Registered
2,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach  /t/1354926/machine-gun-preacher/0_100#post_22146660

Zoey, that's almost a good enough plug for me to bite. With a gift card for Father's Day, this may be the film to get...not much coming out anytime soon.
FWIW Safe house is much better if you don't have it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.