AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a few questions on the mack extended warrenties.

so with there 3 year bulb replacements, you get 2 replacements thats fine. but does it cover when the bulb is over the manufactures life limit, i.e. optoma hd66 is rated between 3000-4000 hours, if it goes over the 4000 mark and it pops will they replace it.

2. how long does it usually take to get a replacement.

well i am tempted to go with this extended warranty, it would be nice to have a replacement if the bulb ever decides to die early.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks for the link, i think i will order the extended warranty. i some times hate buying extended warranties just because what ever extended warranty i ever bought companies do not seem to want to up hold, plus for companies they make more money off of the warranties than they do the product they are selling.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
I had mixed transactions with MACK on my bulbs. First one was ok. I was able to buy a bulb, send in the receipt and my dead bulb and I got reimbursed.

Second time, I was told they were just going to send me one, and it was a POS from purelandav supply. NOT FACTORY SONY. Apparently a lot of people are having this issue with them....

Best,

Chris

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Extended warranties are a mixed bag.

Stastically the warranty buyer is the loser because the majority of product owners never invoke that warranty before it expires.

We did not buy an extended warranty for our PJ and that was a good thing as it would have expired without our needing it.

We did buy an extended warranty on our hi-tech fridge and it paid off - we needed three major repairs that would have cost us big bucks if we didn't have the extra warranty.

As I look back over all of our electronic purchases extended warranties would have been a complete waste of money as we would never have needed them.

Realistically - how many hrs per week/month will you put on your projector? How much is the warranty compared to the cost of a lamp? We use our projector often and after almost three years everything works great.

If all you have to replace over three years is a lamp then you would be better off just paying for the new lamp instead of the "bumper-to-bumper" warranty.

The way projector technology is evolving you might want to save the money and if/when your projector fails you might want to buy a new one anyway.

Again, statistically and as Clark Howard advises in most cases an extended warranty is not a good buy.

GoodLuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.