AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i like djing and need some good monitors, i did some research and for the budget i have the Mackie HR824 MK2 looks like they are the best when you compare others spec of clarity and power handling.

I also thought of adding a sub i.e. the one of Mackie which goes hand in hand with the 824 i.e. the HRS120 but a friend of mine told me that its discontinued even though you can find it for sale at cetain online shops.

What do you suggest obviously with the same type of budget??

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
A friend of mine has a pair of the original HR824 Mackies, I have been seriously impressed with them, I would say listen to the Mackies they usually have a pair out for demo at Guitar Center. They reach seriously deep, far enough down that you can likely run them without a sub and still be satisfied, though they will go well with pretty much any sub, he was running them with a Martin Logan Descent, which I now have in my possession, he has also run them with an SVS SB12 Plus and most recently with a Martin Logan Abyss, he has had no real issues running the HR824's with any of those. Oh and last I checked Guitar Center had some of the better prices out there for the MKII's they were on sale for $999 a pair one of the times I was there, and they were $599 the last time I visited Guitar Center.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts