AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Hope you can help me because I have a dilemma.

I currently record macro with my Sony Cybershot DSC-HX9V. I bought it last year.

I am satisfied with the image quality, but it is a little uncomfortable to use in some situations, especially when you have to record video at ground level because no LCD monitor to move face up.

What camera you suggest to buy ? I'll be glad if quality is better or similar to HX9V.

Here's a test I did

Thank you very much for yor help! :)

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I enjoyed your video. Last week I took a clip of a small spider on a purple flower with the same camera. Yours is better. I also enjoyed your editing. The intro is classy and the music is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Your question suggests that all you want is the same quality but with a LCD screen that rotates. There is a new Sony HDR-GW77 you might like. A guy named Mark recently took it on a trip half way around the world and posted some of his results, including bug videos! Read through this thread so see the results: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1419847/sony-hdr-gw77-waterproof-dustproof-shockproof-small-hd-camcorder

Mark started another thread here about 2 years ago about the successes of the HX9V and owns one. His earlier thread lead me to buy one. Part of the current thread compares the two cameras and may lead me to buy a GW77 too!

I don't know if the video quality would be significantly better, but as an outdoor or travel camcorder the GW77 may well be worth it. It would certainly work well near the dirt, wet foliage or in damp weather

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts