AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use iMon Manager on my Windows 7 HTPC. I have a problem where when I shut down my system and it goes to sleep from WMC, and I start the system back up, all I get is a black screen. The system does wake back up, but I have to do the 3 finger salute (Ctrl-Alt-Reset), Tasrk Manager comes up, and I can kill WMC, Windows comes back up in the correct resolution, and I can start WMC again. The few times WMC does come back up out of safe mode, the resolution is all screwed up.

So, I want to come up with a solution. If I kill WMC before I set the HTPC to sleep, when I wake the HTPC, everything comes up correct. I've written a batch file which kills the WMC process and sets Windows to sleep. Problem is, I'm not sure how to run the batch file just by pressing the remote.

Does anybody have any experience with iMon manager and can tell me how to run the batch file when I press the power button on my remote?

Thanks!

·
Registered
959 Posts
MST(media center standby tool) is an easy way to get what you want and may offer some other features you could use as well. It has options to close MC and to restart it, it even has an option to delay restarting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts