Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, first the configuration:

ZoomPlayer 2.6 using the Cineplayer v4 with PowerDVD v4 Audio for CMI8738 graph

ATI Radeon 8500 LE @800x600 using S-Video to my 32" tv (still saving for the 50" DLP Rptv :))

When I try and play Romeo Must Die using this setup I get a dialog box with the title "Error" and the text "Macrovision failure" and 2 buttons: "OK" and "Ignore". No matter which one I press I can't watch the movie...

If I switch off the TV out, it works just fine. I thought macrovision's purpose was to prevent you from taping the movie, not to prevent you from watching it? :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
your video card must be an older card. The older cards do not have macrovision protection on the tv output, so the signal sent out will be unportected, the software detects that and will not let the dvd play since the output would be unprotected, try getting the latest drivers, and if that doesn't work, disable tv out and use a vga to svideo/composite convertor. Why are you using tv-out anyways? the picture is no better than that frrom a set-top player.

·
Registered
126 Posts
OK, I got this error message for the very first time today trying out the Cineplayer 1.5 filters and Zoomplayer 3. I have never seen this before, using Cineplayer 4 and ZP 2.8. Hardware is the same as before and the problem only appeared on some movies. Is it the Cineplayer 1.5 or ZP 3 causing this, is there a fix?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.