1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the equipment I have.

Panny E80H

Analog Cable TV directly into the E80H

I recorded some TV shows on FOX, edited out the commercials and then burned to a RAM.

I took the RAM to my computer, created a nice menu with chapter and then burned to a DVD+R on my computer.

I then tried to make a direct copy of the DVD+R and it wouldn't allow me because of Macrovision protection. The program that I used to author the DVD did not have a choice for any type of copy protection.

My question is -- Does my E80H place the macrovision in the program or is it the FOX broadcast that is doing it?

I have copied VHS to DVD and followed the same process and have had no problems copying the DVD+R.

Just wondering if anyone else has any insight.

(PS I was able to make a copy of the disc with the help of DVD Decrypter)

·
Registered
529 Posts
I doubt FOX is broadcasting with Macrovision. If they were then the E80 wouldn't have recorded it.

It was probably the software that you made the disk with or that you were using to copy. What packages were they ?

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the E80H to high speed dub to the RAM and then used TMPGEnc DVD Author to import the DVD video and create the menu.

I tried to use Nero 6.3x to do a DVD Copy when I encountered the "this disc can not be copied error"

·
Registered
529 Posts
Have you successfully used this version of Nero to copy before ?

Doesn't DVD Decryptor tell you if there is macrovision on a disk ?

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have used Nero to copy disc to disc (DVD+R) for some home movies I have made using the E80 to capture and DVD Author to burn.

Yes, DVD Decryptor told me there was Macrovision, thus the reason for my question of when it was placed on the DVD.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have solved my own problem and found out that it is neither the broadcast or the recorder causing the problem, but it is Nero Burning ROM.

I was using 6.3.x and getting the "can not copy this disc to DVD" for my home movies. I downgraded back to 6.0.0.9 and the problem went away.

There is something about the "new" version of Nero that it thinks that all DVD's in standard DVD video format are copyrighted and won't let you record it.

I think I will stick with Nero 6.0.0.9 and not upgrade again.

Man, you know it is sad when you can't even copy your own home movies anymore :(

·
Registered
512 Posts
Typically, a commercial CD or a digital broadcast raises a "flag" that tells the dvd player or receiver to insert the macrovision signal. It is generated within the local device.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Glad to hear you solved it. I figured it was Nero.

Macrovision can also be inserted into an analog signal. Thats how it is done on VHS. I don't think the FCC allows broadcasters to insert it though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sivartk

Man, you know it is sad when you can't even copy your own home movies anymore :(

Remember the new business model mantra of industries out there (RIAA/MPAA/Microsoft)

All your video are belong to us.

Nobody move... pay us now or your data gets it...

The same thing use to/happens to the minidisk players.

May all your video still be yours...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.