AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several VHS tapes that I have been archiving to DVD since I purchased the Panasonic DMR-HS2. However there are some that the unit will not allow me to archive. It says this material cannot be copied. I would like to know if there is a way to bypass this and still make the dvd archive I need. is there a device I need to buy or some other method. I appreciate any help on this matter since I am trying hard to get rid of all my VHS collection. I have heard that there are protection schemes on VHS tapes like macrovision and some others. I need a way to allow my dvd recorder to still archive these tapes with the protection on them. Thanks in advance.:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Under the search option here, enter "cgms and macrovision". That should get you started. I'm giving serious consideration to the Prospec dve773v2 time base corrector, which while pricey, seems to be a rock solid solution ...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by srgilbert
Are we even allowed to discuss this kind of thing in here?
Do a search of the topic and you will find that this has been discussed for quite a long and many times. :D

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Only in the context of making backup copies of video material you already own!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote from Vferrari

[Only in the context of making backup copies of video material you already own]

...which is all any of us would think about doing! Seriously, I ordered a macrovision remover from lik-sang.com. It was recommended by someone on this forum. It arrived, but I've yet to try it out. It comes from Hong Kong, so it might take awhile to get here. Here's the link:

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ts_id=1365&lik

Just make sure you either have or that you order two s-video cables, because you'll need them.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.