AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this game and everytime I connect to a game, I get a disconnect right after the coin toss. I don't have any trouble playing Resistance online or downloading trailers/demos. After I did a search, it looks like others are having the same problem, even with the XBox 360 version.

Has anyone spoke to EA regarding this yet or have a workaround? It pretty much makes the game worthless to me if I can't play online!

Very frustrating!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Is it the same problem as with Nba2k7? Basically you cant invite anyone to play game you started?

Thats problem with your router and opening ports on it.

I am really suprised how ignorant game companies are in supporting their customers on this issue. For sure, it is customer issue, however they provide zero assistance.

Reason Resistance works is because you login to their server to play games.

·
Registered
127 Posts
that happened a lot to a friend of mine when we were trying to play 360 games on Live. make sure your NAT is open if your router supports it. the specific ports will open up whenever an application (game) requests it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it appears it IS an EA problem as I found the solution. They have a bug that causes you to drop connection if you choose the Colts. I stopped playing as the Colts and haven't dropped once since.

Apparently this has been happening since launch.

·
Registered
827 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide83 /forum/post/0

Well, it appears it IS an EA problem as I found the solution. They have a bug that causes you to drop connection if you choose the Colts. I stopped playing as the Colts and haven't dropped once since.

LOL, colts. Sounds like an easter egg almost.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Quote:

The lead programmer is actually a big fan of the New England Patriots.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Quote:

thanks for tellin me! i tried playin this guy 3 times and it dropped the connection each time when he was the colts.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts

Quote:

You know, it's funny you mention this. I had the SAME experience...though I didn't realize it until now that it started working after I picked a different team!

Coincidence? Who knows!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts